RR2's Canadian Chainsaw Adventure

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chain brake is a PITA,,, it wont stay disengaged, keeps applying it self Outboard clutches pretty well suck... and the handstop/flag wont apply it something must be missing,,, Will & I took the guts out of it last night,,,, I'm looking for a good B&C combo to put on it,,,

BTW which way does the clutch go to come off,,, Clockwise???

Ya, that's a nice saw! We did take the chainbrake apart for now, it needs parts I think, not sure how the chainbrake handle acts on the chainbrake, but we could get it to stay off with a prying it off with a screwdriver, but it would engage if you reved up the saw, kinda annoying if you ask me, seems like a silly setup that's a pain in the butt.

Was good to see ya again Rick before you left today. Hope you have a fine trip home.

Most of those that I see have an 18" x .375 x 7 setup on them. Nice saws with decent power for 52cc at the time. Cannot help with the chain brake, to long since I messed with any little Dolmars, even though most of mine were blue.

Ya, that's a nice saw! We did take the chainbrake apart for now, it needs parts I think, not sure how the chainbrake handle acts on the chainbrake, but we could get it to stay off with a prying it off with a screwdriver, but it would engage if you reved up the saw, kinda annoying if you ask me, seems like a silly setup that's a pain in the butt.

Was good to see ya again Rick before you left today. Hope you have a fine trip home.

Ya,,, You too Wll,,, I sent a PM to Steve at The Cutting Edge, about the bar/chain, and the carb box for the 7900,, will ask him about brake parts when he answers back,

Sitting in Seattle,,, about to hit the hay!!!! Rode the Clipper From Victoria BC,,, it was awesome,,, it makes about 30+knots,,, thats flat haulin the mail for a big boat,,, got some vids will get my nephew to Youtube them when I get back to TX,,, HAD A BLAST,,,, Victoria Island is one beautiful place,,, Give my best regards to tha Mrs. Parris,,,, was great meeting you both,,,,,:rock: I do like the Canadian beer!!!! Kokanee rocks!!!!:rock:

Ya,,, You too Wll,,, I sent a PM to Steve at The Cutting Edge, about the bar/chain, and the carb box for the 7900,, will ask him about brake parts when he answers back,

Sitting in Seattle,,, about to hit the hay!!!! Rode the Clipper From Victoria BC,,, it was awesome,,, it makes about 30+knots,,, thats flat haulin the mail for a big boat,,, got some vids will get my nephew to Youtube them when I get back to TX,,, HAD A BLAST,,,, Victoria Island is one beautiful place,,, Give my best regards to tha Mrs. Parris,,,, was great meeting you both,,,,,:rock: I do like the Canadian beer!!!! Kokanee rocks!!!!:rock:

:msp_thumbup:

Thanks! Have a safe trip home!

Oh, its Vancouver Island, not Victoria Island. Victoria is the city.

Latest posts

Back