Safety Last....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wish I had some pics,

young fella at work is thinking outside o' the box.

He said he was going to do some tree felling using his 'climber deer stand':dizzy::dizzy:

My all-time favorite
picdump-679-31.jpg

Wish I had some pics,

young fella at work is thinking outside o' the box.

He said he was going to do some tree felling using his 'climber deer stand':dizzy::dizzy:
That's a great idea, thanks for sharing!

I don't see anything wrong with the guy on the ladder except why isn't he cutting it on the ground but there may be a reason for that, obviously the tree needs to go against the lean and he has a pull cable on it, just make a proper back cut, get down, take the ladder down and go pull the tree down.
I have pulled many trees when there was no room for error.

John

I don't see anything wrong with the guy on the ladder except why isn't he cutting it on the ground but there may be a reason for that, obviously the tree needs to go against the lean and he has a pull cable on it, just make a proper back cut, get down, take the ladder down and go pull the tree down.
I have pulled many trees when there was no room for error.

John
Might wanna take a closer look

I dunno what I'm missing, I can clearly see that cable tied around just above the hump up there, I used 3/16 aircraft cable for a lot of that kind of stuff and never lost a tree.
As for the ppe I cut for 28 years until I needed glasses and yeah between gunfire, expansion chambered dirt trackers and chainsaws my hearings a little fuzzy.

John

I dunno what I'm missing, I can clearly see that cable tied around just above the hump up there, I used 3/16 aircraft cable for a lot of that kind of stuff and never lost a tree.
As for the ppe I cut for 28 years until I needed glasses and yeah between gunfire, expansion chambered dirt trackers and chainsaws my hearings a little fuzzy.

John
The main issue is what happens to the ladder he is standing on when the tree comes down?

I suppose you could assume that he's just about finished with his "back cut" on the downhill side of the lean, it's wedged so his saw won't get pinched, in a moment he'll climb down and remove the ladder, and then they'll pull it back over backwards with the Cat, and all will be good. But I dunno, it still looks nuts.

Latest posts

Back