Said goodbye to a loyal friend...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry for your loss! I know what its like, I had to make that choice 2 years back.

My thoughts go out to you Sir, I know what you and the others have gone through. It may not be consolation now, but knowing any dog person isn't going to be without for long, think of the fun you'll have with the next one.

Amazing how deep the critters get under our skin.
just watching her walk sets up the feeling of knowing that time was close.
hope it was smooth for the old gal.

Sorry for your loss, you had a tough decision to make regarding the dogs quality of life. As Janis Joplin said " they take a little piece of your heart".

Sorry to hear. Only problem with them........ they just don't live long enough.

Hopefully, after enough time passes to mourn, you will get another dog. So many out there need a good home.

Amen to that brother...

and to all the latest responses, a heartfelt thanks.

Life goes on.

Hope everyone has a great day and as Dingeryote always says "stay safe"!

I seldom have met a person who's qualities matched a good dog. No doubt they are "mans best friend". It is time to make a new friend. I will repost this:

If I Didn't Have A Dog...Or Cat......

I could walk barefoot around the yard in safety.

My house could be carpeted instead of tiled and
laminated.

All flat surfaces, clothing, furniture, and cars would
be hair-free.

When the doorbell rings, my home wouldn't sound
like a kennel.

When the doorbell rings, I could get to the door without
wading through all the fuzzy bodies who beat me there.

I could sit on the couch and my bed any way I wanted,
without having to take into consideration how much
space several fur bodies need to get comfortable.

I would have enough money, and no guilt, to go on
a real vacation.

I would not be on a first-name basis with 6 veterinarians,
as I put their yet unborn grandkids through college.

The most used words in my vocabulary would not be:
"out," "sit," "down", "come," "no," "stay,"
and "leave it ALONE.

My house would not be cordoned off into zones with baby gates and makeshift barriers.

I would not talk 'baby talk'. 'Eat your din din'. 'Yummy
yummy for the tummy'..

My house would not look like a day care center, with toys everywhere.

My pockets would not contain things like poop bags, treats
and an extra leash.

I would no longer have to spell the words B-A-L-L,
W-A-L-K, T-R-E-A-T, O-U-T, G-O, R-I-D-E, S-U-P-P-E-R,
And C-O-O-K-I-E.
I would not have as many leaves INSIDE my house as
outside.

I would not look strangely at people who think having
ONE dog/cat ties them down too much.

I'd look forward to spring and the rainy season instead
of dreading them as 'mud' season.
I would not have to answer the question: 'Why do you
have so many animals?' from people who will never know the joy of being loved unconditionally by the closest thing
to an angel they will ever encounter.

How EMPTY my life would be!!!
PASS THIS ON TO ALL PET OWNERS YOU KNOW

Sorry to hear about that. I almost lost my dog yesterday. Neighbors pitbulls had my Lab on the ground and were about to kill him. The owner called it and it left. This is not hte first time they have attacked him either. They have killed at least 15 other pets and attacked 1 person. Animal control will not do anything about it. Will start keeping shotguns by each door.

I seldom have met a person who's qualities matched a good dog. No doubt they are "mans best friend". It is time to make a new friend. I will repost this:

If I Didn't Have A Dog...Or Cat......

I could walk barefoot around the yard in safety.

My house could be carpeted instead of tiled and
laminated....

That's great...it says it all:D!

Sorry to hear about that. I almost lost my dog yesterday. Neighbors pitbulls had my Lab on the ground and were about to kill him. The owner called it and it left. This is not hte first time they have attacked him either. They have killed at least 15 other pets and attacked 1 person. Animal control will not do anything about it. Will start keeping shotguns by each door.

Whoa dude that's crazy...sad thing is it's not the dog's fault but the owners'...:( Pitbulls are some of the sweetest dogs out there. Some folks think having the meanest and baddest dog in the neighborhood makes them the $hit. I can see having a dog for protection but people take it way beyond that too many times...unfortunately for the dogs who sometimes end up being put down because of it.

Whoa dude that's crazy...sad thing is it's not the dog's fault but the owners'...:( Pitbulls are some of the sweetest dogs out there. Some folks think having the meanest and baddest dog in the neighborhood makes them the $hit. I can see having a dog for protection but people take it way beyond that too many times...unfortunately for the dogs who sometimes end up being put down because of it.

Owner is an ex convict. He was arrested this year for drugs. He was bailed out the next day and now he is building a huge fence around his property. The dogs are very fast and each attack lasts no more than a minute. They have tasted blood and now will kill anything they can. Best thing I can do is keep a gun loaded and my eyes peeled.

The hell with keeping your eyes pealed. Go to the guys house and plug the dog.

Sorry for your loss. BTDT, several times. We have three dogs now, and the oldest one, at 13 and 140 lbs, can barely get up anymore. He still has a smile and a wag for me though. Dreading when the time comes.

Yet, as many as we have lost and cried over, we end up falling for yet another one.

Howard, Jake and Ziggy send their best too...

Sorry for your loss. BTDT, several times. We have three dogs now, and the oldest one, at 13 and 140 lbs, can barely get up anymore. He still has a smile and a wag for me though. Dreading when the time comes.

Yet, as many as we have lost and cried over, we end up falling for yet another one.

Thanks Lar, and hugs for the gang...especially the big guy! What breed is he to be so big and live beyond 10yrs?

Hopefully your sense of loss will ease up soon . I know that it will never really go away ,but the warm memories of a true friend will eventually ease the loss a bit . I'm sitting here right now surrounded by 3Labs , and a Dachschund ,as I write this . I'm thankful for every day that they keep me company , and mindful of the fact that its just never long enough before they have to pass on . So I just try to be the best friend I can to them .
Again , I'm so sorry for your loss . All the best to you, john

Ditto

Sorry for Your loss.I had to do the same thing about a year and a half ago, So I know what Your going throught. Tom

Hopefully your sense of loss will ease up soon . I know that it will never really go away ,but the warm memories of a true friend will eventually ease the loss a bit . I'm sitting here right now surrounded by 3Labs , and a Dachschund ,as I write this . I'm thankful for every day that they keep me company , and mindful of the fact that its just never long enough before they have to pass on . So I just try to be the best friend I can to them .
Again , I'm so sorry for your loss . All the best to you, john

I couldn't say it any better.

Latest posts

Back