Saw Case

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure about "larger" units, but I will say that teh cube versions are my own favorite. The ones that were shaped to match the saw tips over pretty easy.

what's "larger"? The powerbox takes up to a 575/576. 372s are no problem. The 576 is actually quite snug in the box.

Most pros are not interested in cases...so very few cases for the larger saws are made. According to baileys, the husky powerbox is the largest box made.

you're the guy that got a 385...I dont think that it will fit in the powerbox. the 570 will. Some people fashion them out of cargo containers/plastic totes...they're basically the same thing.

I have a powerbox for my 372 but I like the plastic tote toolboxes better that Stanley makes. You can pick the up at walmart or hodepot or lowes. They will hold other stuff too which is a plus. (oil, chaps, chains, extra bars, pull rope,files, fiskars SS, etc.) Mine even has wheels which is great since I load it up pretty heavy.

I think I can make the 385 fit in the power box if I do a little cutting. I just can't make myself cut on it, yet.

Try to evaluate how strong just the outer layer of the powerbox will be...the individual walls seem pretty thin.

As logging22 indirectly points out, any saw that's larger than 70cc is going to be used by a true professional (either tree service or logger) 98% of the time (or whatever the real statistic is), and when you take your saws into the woods with you to make a living, you really don't care about keeping it free of little scratches. They're going to get beat up one way or another.

Alas, for the rest of us...

Try to evaluate how strong just the outer layer of the powerbox will be...the individual walls seem pretty thin.

As logging22 indirectly points out, any saw that's larger than 70cc is going to be used by a true professional (either tree service or logger) 98% of the time (or whatever the real statistic is), and when you take your saws into the woods with you to make a living, you really don't care about keeping it free of little scratches. They're going to get beat up one way or another.

Alas, for the rest of us...

No scratches? Is that a rule? If so, man am i in trouble!!!:cheers:

I wrap my saws in bubble wrap before I load them, and when I use them. I would cry if any of my toold developed a mean old scratch...

(My smaller stihls do have cases), the rest ride in the tool box.

I would go the plastic box from lowes/walmart route, or if you are really bored, build one out of wood. I know the whole argument on pro saws dont need cases...............The one part of this argument that always seems to get left out, I could give a crap about my saw getting scratched, but I do have to transport it in my truck, with other stuff. No matter how well you take care of it, it's a saw, it is dirty, and anything else that it touches gets equally dirty, not to mention that they leak bar oil half the time. I don't want that in the bottom of my truck box. I am not about to just throw it in the bed, too many people might decide they need it more than me if I have to stop somewhere. Whatever route you go, throw an oil mat in the bottom to keep things clean.

I like using a case when I hall my saw on my 4 wheeler. It makes it alot easier to strap down.

wet dirt,,,that looks just the case i bought for my new echo,,,i picked the saw and case up the other day,,only difference is my case says echo,,i like the box case much better then the formed case,,,lot more room

I use the back of my pickup!:clap::clap:

me too...

outside09.jpg

outside10.jpg

outside12.jpg

Latest posts

Back