Saw Chaps

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmateurSawer

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Any recommendations? I currently cut my own wood nd use the saw around the farm.
Stihl 362 20" for big stuff
Stihl 026 20" used most
Stihl 028 20" fence truck saw
Poulon Wild Thing 18" cedars and brush

Several threads on this if you do a 'Search'.

Like a lot of things, much of it has to do with personal preference.

Some chaps are more protective, but they are also heavier, and hotter to wear. Your chaps are worthless if they are so uncomfortable that you do not wear them.

Philbert

My boss man I cut timber for got me a set of the stihl half wraps. I like those if I decide to wear them. For fire wood cutting you might want the full wraps because of doing a lot of sawing and chasing tiny poles around at your feet.

I hate external chaps I'm always getting caught up in the brush, I really prefer the internal one that snap into your pants.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I hate external chaps I'm always getting caught up in the brush, I really prefer the internal one that snap into your pants.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
I hate chaps. Period. Lol

Several threads on this if you do a 'Search'.

Like a lot of things, much of it has to do with personal preference.

Some chaps are more protective, but they are also heavier, and hotter to wear. Your chaps are worthless if they are so uncomfortable that you do not wear them.

Philbert
Let's add to the list.... The easier they are to put on the more likely you are to wear them.

Full wrap is more protection but harder to put on and hotter in the summer. Apron style will give adequate protection for most users and are quickly and easily buckled on.

Same goes for the layers... Yes more layers is better protection but also heavier, hotter, more expensive.

$50-90 chaps from any respected brand is adequate for most users.

Just my $0.02... It's worth what you paid for it

Latest posts

Back