Saw cutting in circles

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey chainsaw dudes, the first rule of thumb is...., Don't lend your saw to a friend! Especially if the saw is your money-maker the next day. Secondly, blame it on your buddy. Tell him to buy you a new bar & chain because he screwwed it up so badly, he probably didn't even leave you a two-four for your generosity.

Chainsaws are like wives..., you don't lend 'em out! nuff said.

Heff
firewood.ca

Bob, I hope you didn't put your bar on upside down!!!LOL:D I've had sooo many people tell me that, if I had a dollar for every time I've heard that I could buy a new Jonsey 2152:rolleyes: glad you got your problem straightned out. If anyones interested I know where I can get a BRAND NEW 034 not the MS340 but an 034.

If you had used premium fuel in the saw the bar would not have worn out.

Obviously Fish is not sober or he would have pointed this out

I ended up in jail for stumpjumping several Ginko ornamental Pines in downtown Toronto, because I became disgruntled at the lack of timber here. Now I am a cabdriver, so I scoop the odd Walnut in squirrel infested parks, just to keep the wolf away from the door, I skid them down Yonge St. with the log arch I have mounted on my cab. My hood ornament is a rocked out Muckaluck.
John

Quite a specimem of Red Headed, Blue Bird especially caught live in cereomonial dance; must con-fess don't see any of them species in this warm, tropic breezes.

Not sure if the dent-all floss bikini's and strings (when worn.....) keep'em away, but surely we both have our wonders in our seperate worlds!

Perhaps just a logger/climber thang......

Originally posted by RockyJSquirrel
An 034 should pull a 20" bar easily.
A current 036 will run a 24" with ease and a current 026 will run 18" or even 20".

Don't forget the sprocket!

Dang, looks like I guessed it correctly in my earlier post. ;)

Be them numbears fer' 3/8 or .325?'

Sharper chain on one side, or lower guages same, can cause faster cutting on one side, tending to turn towards slower cutting side, giving each the needed short and large arcs to balance at that speed.

Uneven rails can tilt chain and off steer, too wide rails can allow varying tilt, by allowing play- not making close tolerance drive links stand straight/straight in channel. Rolled over steel can go to the side from chain travel on rail ; eventually at some points wider than the kerf to hang at certain points inside of the cut, so cuts good then seems dull as it stops cutting as teeth can't reach the fibre to chip from bar hanging up. That bar of course needs to be true/true to make and fit through the narrow channel of kerf, cut it straight to travel straight or it will hang.

The powerhead throws these driven components that makes it a saw around at high speed, through a tight etended rail, in a constantly necesarry drool of bar oil carried by the drive links, to send micro knives above in to chip away at tough, fibery stuff of large size,at high speed. It is only up to that magic, if everything is right/right, directed, balanced without play so that nothing is wasted or compormised.

A worn drive sprocket (for example)can wear pattern a new chain on the drive side, IMLHO so when ya finally get around to changing drive sprocket, the dis-ease, will now transfer from the chain back to the sprocket! These peices are metal, but are pulling under sever load at long stretches, heat, speed etc. to allow such things in time. You'll always be wasting your time, money, brain, energy, nerves etc. By just not taking the steps, that simpley allow the machine to work at capacity! (constantly seeking same in rigging) Even a Hot Saw at any given point has so much power, the more you allow to be eroded, missfiting and unfocused, the less ya got left from a set source.

i have a few saws, so buy drive sprockets, spark plugs, fuel filters, even some oil plugs, chain tensioner bolts, bar nuts, files etc. a few at a time. They're all Stihls, so common parted; (even keep a few recoil pulleys, pawls, line etc., that cover a few models), maintain bar and chain strategies that are interchangeable too.. etc.

MM has already pointed out how newer breeds, walk away with the 'con-tests'; but once again, reflect that i always thought the lil'inconspicuous, light, solid 034 to be quite a companion in it's own class and time. Maybe, i got a lucky one! All i know is it sure walks all over the younger 029; making the 029 feel klunky to me (don't carry 3/8x16" worth a dang); in fact if i had to have a saw stolen; please take one of the 'boat anchor'/ not even a good wheel chock 19/29's that i make the guys use.....

edit ......{don't even get me started on 026, mine was a real dawg;
b!ch'ed when it grew legs to jes enuff ta'keep the troops tight;
but some dark part smiled inside;
that that one was chosen,

even to suspicion,
of a f(r)ienldy hit......}

Ok, they ain't quite that bad, could be worse, maybe even been green or yellow :eek: , but hand me one of my other saws please! 036 is better to me than 029, but weight to power/size, 034 been quite a companion... Though, that my not be fair, cuz 036 took quite an accidental fall into 110 degree brush, after 3rd time of being drug'up 50' once with dull, hanging chain, once with chain on backwierds, then a final time empty as it was the first 2 times; though that is my fault, i din't even think of trying to start it those times!

But, this is USA, land of baseball, that made 3; and one fowl ball seemed ........... Well, ...........SH!T happens, when ya party Naked!

Mind ya, there is about no use in sending the 029 for me to drag up with my 020, loaded on my hip.....and trigger finger itchin'; especially with a 3/8x16", not really even favoring same in .325. Especially seeing as the pent up energy from not throwing it down from 40' feet, may find other expression. Cuz'my shrink (shhhhhhhh quiet JP); says it is unhealthy to keep things pent up inside.......

Orrrrrr, Something like that!
:alien:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back