Saw for Hire

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What time is the heli logging show on?

feb 5th

TLC Announces New Reality Adventure Series Heli-Loggers Premiering February 5
January 10th, 2009 · No Comments

(Los Angeles, Ca.) TLC Announced a new adventure logging series called Heli-Loggers on its Thursday night schedule beginning February 5, 2009

Premiering at 10 PM ET/PT, Heli-Loggers transports viewers to the rain forest of Northern British Columbia, where a rowdy group of loggers risk their lives to provide the world with lumber, a resource often taken for granted. Performing one of the most dangerous jobs, the loggers use an enormous Boeing Chinook helicopter the only one of its kind in Canada as they work against the clock, battling perilous terrain and extreme weather. They do this all while maintaining an eco-friendly, environmentally sustainable mission.

HELI-LOGGERS is produced for TLC by World of Wonder; executive producers are Fenton Bailey and Randy Barbato.

Source: TLC Press Release

Last edited:
Balance

I assume at this point there will be a period of acceptance of others and professional discourse between loggers and arborists here on AS.

I.e., no more negative comments about AxMen.

In the spirit of this new Detente' I'll not mention the overloaded crane going over after the lead pointed out the weight of sycamores.

Yes. The tippy crane was similar to the yanking ("It took 45 minutes to move the log up the hill") of the oversize log on Axmen. I'm sure the latter was staged. Any sane operator would have sent a saw down and bucked the log into pieces that the yarder could handle. I'll not watch the Saw For Hire unless I'm totally bored and have no books to read. I'll watch Axmen because, like last year, there'll probably be no logging going on around here. The bad thing? I can't wander down into the brush to harass the crew when it is a TV show. :cry: :cry:

There is only ONE Chinook helicopter in Canada?:popcorn:

When they showed the large trunk with metal fence post embedded in it I was excited to see how they were going to cut it and they didn't. That right there had a lot of potential and they duffed it. And when they broke that section of fence when they were removing the base of the tree??? How hard is it to have a guide rope or two to maintain control? And when they lost the straps on the "ball", not to mention that I saw a lot of fraying on the sling.

Also I have never seen such clean looking saws, I guess they have stunt saws for there normal work. I love how he talked about driving up to a house during the ice storm and the person saying 'oh God, not you' and asked them to leave. I remember this ice storm because I had to fly into Tulsa and drive to Monett MO to load some equipment. There were trees every where and my hotel room had no power or heat. Why he wasted his time flying in people who were both worthless and unprepared.

For once I am glad that I am not a "professional". Also if you drive to a work site in a car you are a **********.

Anyone remember the white car getting crushed, that I had in my sig for a while?

11.gif

It's from this YouTube video... Nosak Tree Service. I **** you not.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bFI_4e66b-8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bFI_4e66b-8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

And this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBXv3We08ug

The reason this is the same guy is cuz that footage was set up and done on purpose for his show when it was shown as Nosak Raw here in Tulsa...it was NOT an accident.

The reason this is the same guy is cuz that footage was set up and done on purpose for his show when it was shown as Nosak Raw here in Tulsa...it was NOT an accident.

I know, it says it clearly in the video description...

I own a tree service here in Tulsa. I have not posted on this guy or mentioned his work because to tell the truth I am embarrassed every time I see him on the air. This guy is not from Tulsa, he is from PA. He obviously came into a lot of money and bought his way into the tree industry here. I have painfully watched his inept crew do wheelies down the city streets on a bobcat and cuss and argue with each other on the job site on TV for over a year now. It is humiliating to watch. I want to scream to the people in this town that real tree care professionals in this town don't do wheelies down city streets with their equipment, they don't cuss and argue with their help on the job site, they don't tear something up every time they use heavy equipment. They don't pinch their saw and fumble (and again tear something up) every time they do an aerial lift. This guy is an embarrassment to my profession. Every time I see him making an ass of himself on TV I feel that people will judge me and my profession by the way this guy conducts himself. I fell helpless.

Wow, Seriously people, its entertainment for television....grow up! It isn't giving your industry a bad name, if it was all smooth and easy they wouldn't put it on television...no ENTERTAINMENT value....most of the jobs these guys do are done well and with no mishaps...but that isn't what makes it on the TV show because it doesn't make good TV! Paul Nosak is arrogant and irritating, but he did not come into any money, he worked his own way up and made his own money...basically came from nothing and built his own business, so before you go on and on about things you know nothing about, maybe you should think about the fact that this is a television show....

Speaking for myself, I recognize that dull does not make it on TV. However I think there is a difference between a miscalculation or tough situation and inept stupidity.

Romeosgrl,
Ill give you credit for defending the show, it was exciting to see the crane on 2 wheels. I personally also would have enjoyed just watching the tree come down without the excitement. I think the majority of the issue is that people in the business are afraid that "John Q Public" may think that all tree crews operate the same, and that all tree work is prone to problems.

I don't think I could work for Mr. Nosack as I can't deal with a boss that is a micro manager. He does seem to buy some really nice equipment though.

Wow, Seriously people, its entertainment for television....grow up! It isn't giving your industry a bad name, if it was all smooth and easy they wouldn't put it on television...no ENTERTAINMENT value....most of the jobs these guys do are done well and with no mishaps...but that isn't what makes it on the TV show because it doesn't make good TV! Paul Nosak is arrogant and irritating, but he did not come into any money, he worked his own way up and made his own money...basically came from nothing and built his own business, so before you go on and on about things you know nothing about, maybe you should think about the fact that this is a television show....

It's an infomercial and he makes the industry look bad as well as gives the impression that tree men are ignorant neanderthals. Personally, I have never tore up a roof or a car doing an aerial lift in 18 years of service. I would never cuss or argue with my employees on the job. If he did work his way into his position I don't see how he did it without at least learning the basics... A little professionalism on the show would be nice.

I am not defending Paul Nosak, he irritates the crap out of me, and to tell the truth, Gerome, the main climber, the voice of reason, the ONE on the show who really knows his stuff, doesn't even work for him anymore except for the show, he works elsewhere, because he cant handle the way Paul does business. However, I think the show is very entertaining, and if it weren't for a lot of the mishaps, it wouldn't have made it to a national level. I have a TREMENDOUS amount of respect for anyone who can do what Gerome does! It takes skill, experience, and a lot of hard work! So please dont think in any way that I think I am puting that down at all! I just really think the show has to have that WOW factor in order to make it and Nosak has given it that. Whether everyone agrees with his methods or not.

Nosak

I am not defending Paul Nosak, he irritates the crap out of me, and to tell the truth, Gerome, the main climber, the voice of reason, the ONE on the show who really knows his stuff, doesn't even work for him anymore except for the show, he works elsewhere, because he cant handle the way Paul does business. However, I think the show is very entertaining, and if it weren't for a lot of the mishaps, it wouldn't have made it to a national level. I have a TREMENDOUS amount of respect for anyone who can do what Gerome does! It takes skill, experience, and a lot of hard work! So please dont think in any way that I think I am puting that down at all! I just really think the show has to have that WOW factor in order to make it and Nosak has given it that. Whether everyone agrees with his methods or not.

Do you work for him? Are you the truck driver?

Gerome seems to be a decent climber. He needs to get with a good operator and learn how to do his picks without pinching his saw up so bad and get to know log weights and the limits of the equipment he is using. I feel for anyone that works on that crew. I'd like to see Nosak get up in the tree himself...

My problem with the show (besides looking utterly unprofessional) is that it gives the impression that things often go wrong with tree removals when in fact it is very rare for property to be damaged when you use a professional tree service.

Trust me, if you watched Gerome work, on his own, or with another tree company, its a thing of beauty! People watch him and are amazed at what he can do. He been doing this for 18 years...and Paul geting in a tree would definately be a scary thing to watch!!!
Paul when off camara, usually asks Gerome how to do every pick he does...where to put it, how to rig it, all that, but when on camara, he wants to be the big man and does things he shouldn't. But again, its television...gotta have the mishaps to catch peoples intrest. General population I mean.

Horse Hockey!!! I watch tv also and I can tell you that this particular show DOES make tree guys look bad. Ever watch "Deadliest Catch"? They manage to do that show and and make it entertaining while still making boat captains look professional and knowledgeable. This Paul Nosak isn't professional or knowledgeable and the show shouldn't even be on TV. Its so stupid the way these guys act that I can't even watch it anymore. I have serious doubts that this guy made on his own "experience" Robb

If you dont like it, dont watch...every tree company does things differently, Paul may not do it like you do, or like someone else does, but he gets the job done, and pretty efficiently too. I enjoy the show, so I watch it, if you dont, dont watch...plain and simple. But theres no reason to cut someone down for doing their job...he made what he does into a show, and it went national...more than you can say...must be doing something right. :rock:

Last edited:
Back