Saw for Hire

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One thing I just don't understand... the 2nd episode I saw involved the crew of "NoSack" cutting a rather large trunk in the back of a home and hoisting it right over the house just inches away from hitting the roof. Why have a crane in that spot? Why not just drop the trunk on the ground and cut it up right there? Later!

From an organizational dynamics viewpoint, it looks like a very dangerous company. All of the employee’s are looking for cover of some sort. They looked intimidated by the owner and the danger of the job. Definitely no team effort going on. Looks more like a roofing crew than a skilled arborist crew.
ZG

SOOOOO did you guys like the show last night? Jobs went much smoother, just the one problem with hiting the roof...but Gerome warned Paul that would happen, tried to get him to let him cut that part where it was attached, but Pual didn't listen, just kept pullin on it, so the tree poped off and hit the roof...no damage tho...so you all wanted nice smooth jobs where there were no mishaps, there ya go! The fight with Paul and Gerome cracked me up tho! When Gerome was on the ground Paul thought he was all tough, then Gerome stands up and makes Paul look like a little kid! Cracked me up!! :hmm3grin2orange:

I watched the both episodes, and even watch a couple from their site. I have to say, I think Gerome should be the crew leader, he appears to be a good climber.

Yes, Gerome is a very good climber, see we agree on something! And I also agree Paul is an idiot! There, we agree on 2 things... the only thing I dont agree with, is that there is anything wrong with the show...general mass population likes to see mishaps...likes to see drama...and thats what is in the show. Dont like it, dont watch.

Yes, Gerome is a very good climber, see we agree on something! And I also agree Paul is an idiot! There, we agree on 2 things... the only thing I dont agree with, is that there is anything wrong with the show...general mass population likes to see mishaps...likes to see drama...and thats what is in the show. Dont like it, dont watch.

But showing the crap of a show it makes our industry look bad. If you were in the tree care industry you would probably understand. People will start to think all tree people are loud mouth, obnoxious, unsafe, and idiotic.

This guy hit more roofs in 1 day than most tree professionals hit in years and years of work.

This dude is a complete douche. I have no idea how he is still in business. OSHA really needs to show up when he is driving his skid steer like a maniac and screaming at his crew like that. Any tree business that has to work that fast and recklessly to make a profit and then make all these dumb mistakes is clearly doing something very wrong.

Now all you loggers and arborists know how us analytical chemists and I'm sure all forensic scientists feel when we see the laboratory work in those CSI, NCIS, etc. type shows. Granted they don't have the pretense of being "reality", but most people these days think that's really how forensics and analytical chemistry really work.

I caught the show last night for the first time. The owner is a loud bioutch who's father should have gave him alot more woopins. Wait, I am a proud father of 5, can I woop his azz? I would very much enjoy it!!:buttkick: This fits him well-:cry:

Now all you loggers and arborists know how us analytical chemists and I'm sure all forensic scientists feel when we see the laboratory work in those CSI, NCIS, etc. type shows. Granted they don't have the pretense of being "reality", but most people these days think that's really how forensics and analytical chemistry really work.

Yup. Kinda destroys your faith in the accuracy with which television presents any occupation, doesn't it.

Most of that has to be put on for the show. I live in Mississippi where restaurants have signs that say pleas keep you re feet off the table. And I haven't seen a crew like that!!!!

I caught the show last night for the first time. The owner is a loud bioutch who's father should have gave him alot more woopins. Wait, I am a proud father of 5, can I woop his azz? I would very much enjoy it!!:buttkick: This fits him well-:cry:

I would so love to see that!!!!!
And actually, Gerome's nickname since he was 4 is Romeo...so therefore Romeosgrl is my name...I am Gerome's wife, so I am kinda in the tree business by default...I dont think it makes all tree busineses look bad...I think Paul may have a harder time finding work for himself after the show, so therefore other tree companies should love it cuz they will get more business! :)

Gerome seem's like a good guy, he look's like he know's what he's doing. i was waiting for him to smack paul. i wood have for sure. lol how's his finger?

I watched the show last night and WOW!!, wheeling bobcats yelling at his crew :buttkick: .
It sounds like he only knows how to run the crane controlls but when it comes to lifting and transiting the load :dizzy:

I agree not a very good insight in the to the tree industry and i thought ax men was bad

Gerome seem's like a good guy, he look's like he know's what he's doing. i was waiting for him to smack paul. i wood have for sure. lol how's his finger?

Gerome is very good at what he does, and it kinda irritates me that Paul makes him look bad...but as his normal job he doesn't even work for paul, only for the show.
And actually, what they didn't show on the show was that Gerome picked paul up by his jacket and threw him about 10 feet over to the crane....
His finger is all better. It got really bad before it got better though.

ya he's a big guy, i'd hate to pi$$ him off. but i could run faster scarred than he could mad so that'd be ok. lol glad his finger's better, he's the only reason i watch the show, and i guess to see what dumb a$$ is going to do next. lol

I hope these guys are hamming it up for the camera. If some one talked to me they way their boss does some body would get stomped into the ground on my way to the truck. What an irritating little :censored:

Watched it once. Won't again. If I wanted to hear all that yelling I would buy another saw for my wife's birthday present.

ya he's a big guy, i'd hate to pi$$ him off. but i could run faster scarred than he could mad so that'd be ok. lol glad his finger's better, he's the only reason i watch the show, and i guess to see what dumb a$$ is going to do next. lol

Its good to know some people do see that Gerome is good at what he does. Hopefully everyone doesn't just lump him in with Paul!

And yes, Paul does ham it up a bit for the camara....dont get me wrong, hes always a pain in the butt to work with, that is why Gerome doesn't work with him anymore, but its not always as bad as what he shows on camara.

Back