Saw for Hire

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watched it once. Won't again. If I wanted to hear all that yelling I would buy another saw for my wife's birthday present.

HAHA, your right, that would be a gooood way to hear a lot of yelling!! Course I actually would like one, I told Gerome I want him to teach me to use it...

WELL Remeosgrl, If no one else has said it welcome to AS. I've found there is a great bunch of people on here that can help with any problem tree related or not! A very fun site. I've learned a lot just buy kicking back and reading.:greenchainsaw:

Wow, how would you like to work for that moron. I think he would end up in the shredder if I was there. Man I'm getting tired of all this reality TV.

I would so love to see that!!!!!
And actually, Gerome's nickname since he was 4 is Romeo...so therefore Romeosgrl is my name...I am Gerome's wife, so I am kinda in the tree business by default...I dont think it makes all tree busineses look bad...I think Paul may have a harder time finding work for himself after the show, so therefore other tree companies should love it cuz they will get more business! :)

Please tell you hubby that working for the dope isn't helping his image. Gerome seems to be the guy on the crew that knows whats going on, have him start his own company, get away from Nosack.

Just my 2 cents.

One thing I just don't understand... the 2nd episode I saw involved the crew of "NoSack" cutting a rather large trunk in the back of a home and hoisting it right over the house just inches away from hitting the roof. Why have a crane in that spot? Why not just drop the trunk on the ground and cut it up right there? Later!

Because he is ####ing lazy..

The thought just enterd my head but, I started my tree career with a friends father who drank about 24 natural lights befor 3:00 every day and he has never damaged ANYTHING in 35 years. On the job at least. Loosing floor jacks off the truck dosent count LOL..

Bunch of Clowns

Saw this for the first time last night-I'd last about five minutes with that boss, kinda high strung and full of himself. They made the final cut with a large piece of trunk, and then left the people standing there with tag lines while he answered his cell phone. Then kept blaming someone else when the crane could barely lift the chunk over the customer's roof. I'd laughed if the whole thing dropped through. Why not chunk it out in more manageable
pieces ?

Lost his cell phone-I suggested looking in the chipper which is where one of my boss's went!

Little or no PPE on most of the workers.

Last edited:
Please tell you hubby that working for the dope isn't helping his image. Gerome seems to be the guy on the crew that knows whats going on, have him start his own company, get away from Nosack.

Just my 2 cents.

That is actually the ultimate goal, we are trying to save money so he can buy the equipment he needs. He does jobs on his own when he can, but building a business takes money, so we gotta get that first. Maybe this show will give us the money we need to do that.

HAHA, your right, that would be a gooood way to hear a lot of yelling!! Course I actually would like one, I told Gerome I want him to teach me to use it...

Yea I hear you. Except for Paul and his loud mouth I enjoyed watching the show. Glad to hear the staph infection is better. Thats serious stuff.

Good luck to you guys.

I am sooooo happy

This is going to totally shut up all those arborists who are sooooo 'professional'.
Not something silly like logging.

From this point forward:
No more trashing of AxMen from a better than thou crowd.
Just the appropriate trashing, thank you very much.

=============

When the movie Marathon Man was released worldwide dental visits went down 7%.
(Dental drills were used for torture to get information.)

This series is going to do something similar to arborists.

Cell phones

Boss running the crane with mental focus on the cell.

Lack of PPE.

Cutting sections too big.

Failing to allow for curvature of stem and proximity to roof.

Eventually these guys are going to start a fire.

Not hiring a collection agency or getting 1/2 up front during emergency work.

Not having a foreman directing on-site operations or at least the boss being led away from the crane.

Great training for a spur of the moment work force during the ice storm.

============

At some point OSHA is going to have a GO team, (like the NTSB), for the next reality series involving chain saws.

That is actually the ultimate goal, we are trying to save money so he can buy the equipment he needs. He does jobs on his own when he can, but building a business takes money, so we gotta get that first. Maybe this show will give us the money we need to do that.

Romeosgirl, I'm a little slow right now but if this year is anything like the three years previous I could probably help out with a few jobs and help him achieve that goal. I do most of my own climbing but when I get busy I usually contract work out. I've worked a few guys from AS and they would probably tell you that I am pretty reasonable and pay well. Just have Gerome PM me if he's interested. He looked like the only one on that crew that had any sense. I've got extra gear he could use until he can buy his own.

Last edited:
theres no reason to cut someone down for doing their job...he made what he does into a show, and it went national...more than you can say...must be doing something right. :rock:

You must be mistaking disgust for envy? I can see how that would happen with everybodys comments:confused:

Please invite Paul here also.

I would so love to see that!!!!!
And actually, Gerome's nickname since he was 4 is Romeo...so therefore Romeosgrl is my name...I am Gerome's wife, so I am kinda in the tree business by default...I dont think it makes all tree busineses look bad...I think Paul may have a harder time finding work for himself after the show, so therefore other tree companies should love it cuz they will get more business! :)

So you didn't mind the date he was arranging with his GIRLFRIEND to go to the movies?

It was in the episode they whacked the roof with the bottom of the pick.

if Paul would keep his mouth shut he'd be ok, I could never work for him because if he told me to "find my spot" he'd find my boot in his mouth :buttkick:

Back