Saw stolen

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you file a police report? I would do it if for no other reason than to C.Y.A. for possible future run-in's.

Who knows maybe they have reports of other stuff in the area missing, and maybe you can find the area that guy frequents. Also if they bust someone and find a saw at least they could call you to see if you can identify it.

Good luck, and I hope you can get your saw back. You cant have anything nice anymore without someone trying to take it.

Your probably feeling a bit like Ned Beatty. Get your self a couple of those game cameras that use an ifra-red flash. They are pretty much all digital, so you don't have to mess with film. Nice to have some proof, just in case you might need to......

Hang 'em High

ill try and play devils advocate here ( i think is the term?)

... does a man really deserve to DIE, over stealing a chainsaw?
could you live with yourself for taking a MANS LIFE, because he stole or tried to steal your chainsaw?

i sure as hell know i couldnt..

sorry to hear about your loss, im happy (for the sake of both parties) that you didnt shoot anyone

Back when copper
was really high, SOB's where going into new homes and ripping
the wiring out.

my buddy worked at the new devils hockey arena when they were building it a couple years ago..
they would pay the apprentices full pay, to paint all the copper pipes black... before they started doing that, people would come in at night and cut all the big copper pipes out and steal them.. amazing what some black paint did to foil the idiots p[lans lol

Shame to hear Rope. That saw had some history.
I get alot of people come up my driveway for some reason or another and pisses me right off and I let them know about it. Use a directory or buy a GPS, FFS!
Note details.
Do everything you can to get that saw back. You don't want them to think your an easy target.
Security camera systems are cheap.

I had 2 saws stolen about a year ago. Didn't know they were stolen till I saw one for sale. Tracked the thief down to someone who lives a only a 10 minute walk away thru some woods. Did all the legwork, research and recovery and the police were totally uninterested. They "got" stonewalled by a phone number for a local business that was part of the chain of possession. Waste of time trying to get the County police to act. Adding to which, the thief already had a record.

Now, I keep my shed locked up all the time.

Chris B.

I had 2 saws stolen about a year ago. Didn't know they were stolen till I saw one for sale. Tracked the thief down to someone who lives a only a 10 minute walk away thru some woods. Did all the legwork, research and recovery and the police were totally uninterested. They "got" stonewalled by a phone number for a local business that was part of the chain of possession. Waste of time trying to get the County police to act. Adding to which, the thief already had a record.

Now, I keep my shed locked up all the time.

Chris B.
Problem is many police officers are undetrained. Plus they have the job because of the ego trip.

I hope you catch him Rope, and deposit some buckshot in his ass at a high rate of speed!

i hate a thief.

Anti theft high velocity smart pills, as we call 'em here.

Sorry about the theft rope. Even if it was a "husky".

Always like a "Sicilian necktie" too.

Your probably feeling a bit like Ned Beatty. Get your self a couple of those game cameras that use an ifra-red flash. They are pretty much all digital, so you don't have to mess with film. Nice to have some proof, just in case you might need to......

Hang 'em High

Ewwww that would be a very bad feeling.

I hope rope catches the massengil and gives him a true "Come to Jesus" meeting.

could you live with yourself for taking a MANS LIFE, because he stole or tried to steal your chainsaw?

sorry to hear about your loss, im happy (for the sake of both parties) that you didnt shoot anyone

Good question, very thought provoking in fact.

Simple answer. What else will he take from whomever, until he is willing to kill for it?

Not this guy's first theft, and won't be his last. Until he is seriously dissuaded from doing so. Be it from a Marine Corps style ass kicking or death.

The law does NOT dissuade people as fast or as long as a hard core ass kicking does.

Could I live after taking a mans life? Depends on the situation. But I DO know I would rather be the one above the ground.

Want to borrow something? Just ask. Stealing it, may be fatal.

My opinion at least a kneecap to slow them down, do I want to do it no, I want people to respect my property. I want parents to be like my dad and discipline and instill respect in them. I want police and law makers make the punishment fit the crime you stole a saw a man earns his living with so we are taking a hand off at the wrist slowly with a dull knife. The reason is; the laws we have are too candy assed to detour criminals. I think if your caught raping your offending appendage is removed. If your a baby raper sorry but you get strapped to a stump and heifer wizz placed where the bull will find the mark and or killed. I feel strong action should be taken if there is no doubt of innocence not just tried and found guilty but caught in the act by credible witnesses or dna proving your the one. Criminals laugh at our judicial system knowing they will not be punished for fears of being sued. If your just tried and found guilty jail,prison is fair but you will work to live instead of living off society. I know I ain't mainstream but the way to have order is to make it so. I feel these gangs that get on tv bragging of killing some citizen should be executed on the spot and riots megaphone warned once before a spray of automatic weapons clears the gene pool.

My opinion at least a kneecap to slow them down, do I want to do it no, I want people to respect my property. I want parents to be like my dad and discipline and instill respect in them. I want police and law makers make the punishment fit the crime you stole a saw a man earns his living with so we are taking a hand off at the wrist slowly with a dull knife. The reason is; the laws we have are too candy assed to detour criminals. I think if your caught raping your offending appendage is removed. If your a baby raper sorry but you get strapped to a stump and heifer wizz placed where the bull will find the mark and or killed. I feel strong action should be taken if there is no doubt of innocence not just tried and found guilty but caught in the act by credible witnesses or dna proving your the one. Criminals laugh at our judicial system knowing they will not be punished for fears of being sued. If your just tried and found guilty jail,prison is fair but you will work to live instead of living off society. I know I ain't mainstream but the way to have order is to make it so. I feel these gangs that get on tv bragging of killing some citizen should be executed on the spot and riots megaphone warned once before a spray of automatic weapons clears the gene pool.

Screw the knee cap, cut his hands off. That will end his theft career.

Screw the knee cap, cut his hands off. That will end his theft career.

Yeah first time one hand, second well there best not be one lol. I sincerely doubt we would have theft if protecting your property was as simple as protecting your property. I do feel if it was a teen stealing gas maybe a scary azz whoopin woulld suffice it may do so on a saw but if they removed body parts theft would be on the endangered species list.

Sorry to hear that Rope. Having been a victim of theft on a few times, I know how ya feel. Just remember, they will get theirs. What goes around comes around.

It is a sad that we can't protect our property without having to deal with lawyers and such. Need to go back to the western days and hang mofos.

Sounds like you need a big mean dog. A 'delivery' person came to my house asking about a bogus address on my rd last Friday, pretty sure he was casin the house out and would have robbed me if I hadn't been home. I opened the door just enough for him to see my 130lb Akita and he was 'awful sorry to have bothered me..'

Back