saw stutters and lost power

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Low and idle must be adjusted for good idle and throttle up. High is for top end only

-•------------------------------------------------------------

Just a home owner that likes the older better made machines

Craftsman 3.7 x2
Husqvarna 36

I used automotive vacuum line for the impulse hose. I think that should be rigid enough to use as an impulse line. I believe I read about using it on this site.
I do need to get an oem fuel pickup line; the aftermarket one I bought is too short for the filter to sit on the bottom of the tank.

Yes, an LED.
An incandescent works too though.
What's key is that you test it with the plug installed. The impedance load is higher under compression.

ZAT4 does not use a LED either.

That's a dropping resistor that you can see in the window. Cost me $40 to find that out Okie...it is a rugged tester though, and should last a long as no filament is used in the bulb.

ZAT4 does not use a LED either.

That's a dropping resistor that you can see in the window. Cost me $40 to find that out Okie...it is a rugged tester though, and should last a long as no filament is used in the bulb.
I'm not one to claim I know everything,lol
There are always people smarterer than me, and have better memories, than I.
I looked it up on Google:
What is a dropping resistor?
"All resistors drop voltage when current passes through them. Sometimes this is an undesirable side effect and there was a different focus to the use of the resistor. When the term "dropping resistor" is used, though, it signifies that reducing the voltage is the main function of the resistor."
Doesn't that mean it still uses an LED?
or is it an incandescent light?

I finally got around to trying the 041 in some dried osage orange. As soon as I got any load on it it would bog down, not much power. I went to adjust the carb and realized I didn't bring a small screwdriver with me! Oh well, next time... At this point, I am fairly confident it is just a carb adjustment thing. With a little practice I should be able to figure it out.

Latest posts

Back