Sawdust in Gloves Poll *OFFICIAL*

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whatya do about chips in yer gloves

• Total voters
Bugger, the yoga laugh was on me today.

It got hot after the first hour of Crescent, down dog, lunges, side stretch, warrior I, down dog, warrior II, down dog, warrior III, down dog, tree pose, etc. so we went into some seated poses and I stripped off the tracky dacks into my footy shorts underneath.

Now Rugby League shorts are fairly short to what you fella's in NA are used to, our footy players show a lot of thigh, they barely cover your crotch and here I am in a spread eagled pose trying to get my legs as wide as possible, the muscles in my groin are starting to protest pretty painfully and then the voice of a very supple, very attractive friend of mine in her mid twenties rings out from across the silent room.

"Lucky you didn't wear your short shorts today Rick"

:eek:

Bloody friends, you can always guarantee they'll take the pi$$ at any opportunity.

Made her blush later though :D

Last edited:
I have more trouble with saw chips in the boots than in the gloves. Can't stand chips in my socks sticking me.

Guaranteed to stop chips/dust in boots, you'll find all us Aussies wear these when wearing shorts, and even wear them with our Drills or Jeans.

sock_shoe_savers.jpg

My UPS man gave me a dozen of his favorite palm dipped in latex gloves. They are the best. They last forever, get no saw dust in, grip really well, still breath out the back...they're way better than anything you can get at the Hardware store of home depot either. He buys them by the bale and sells them to the whole depot.

Since they last forever I dont see why you'd need a dozen pairs. Maybe a keep a few pairs for yourself in case you lose them or whatever and send the rest out to needy AS'ers ;)

In the cooler weather, with a long-sleeve shirt, I use my old motorcycle riding trick. To keep air from running up my jacket sleeve, I cut off the elastic part of a pair of socks. Now you have two elastic tubes. One end goes UNDER the gloves at the wrist, the other end goes OVER the sleeve.

Guaranteed to stop chips/dust in boots, you'll find all us Aussies wear these when wearing shorts, and even wear them with our Drills or Jeans.

sock_shoe_savers.jpg

Those things are called gaiters. Outdoor equipment stores carry them. Some gaiters provide more leg protection than others. Gaiters come in handy when walking in and around brush and brambles. They also keep rain and snow from getting you socks wet.
http://www.rei.com/category/40005942

Last edited:
We wear gaitors here too, but mainly for backpacking/mountaineering. They keep rain out of the tops of boots; keep thistles out of boots etc. I haven't worn shorts for well over a decade so not sure what good they would be in that dept.

Those things are called gaiters. Outdoor equipment stores carry them. Some gaiters provide more leg protection than others. Gaiters come in handy when walking in and around brush and brambles. They also keep rain and snow from getting you socks wet.
http://www.rei.com/category/40005942

Traditional gaiters like bushwalking ones are much larger, usually protecting the entire calf.

These are water resistant cotton (usually) elasticised at the top, you shove your foot through and voila.

We call the little fella's sock savers

We wear gaitors here too, but mainly for backpacking/mountaineering. They keep rain out of the tops of boots; keep thistles out of boots etc. I haven't worn shorts for well over a decade so not sure what good they would be in that dept.

What's the matter, afraid to show your chicken legs? Will we be blinded by the light?

You can always buy the anti-chip gloves that Labonville or Tilton sells.

What's the matter, afraid to show your chicken legs? Will we be blinded by the light?

You can always buy the anti-chip gloves that Labonville or Tilton sells.

you better believe you'd be blinded!

Plus, now this is rather embarrassing but what the hell its only the internet and Al already shared too much....

I'm really hairy. Permanent sweater hairy. But, the hair on my legs from the knees down to ankles has fallen off from rubbing on boots, pants etc over the years. Smooth as a babies arse. But my thighs are gorrilla hairy, and my feet are hobbit hairy. Just bald calves and shins. I'm really self consious about it because my manliness is linked to my hairiness and it looks like I wax my legs.

13 years playing rugby so I understand. Of course, that was real rugby, not rugby league. :cheers:

:laugh:

Not trying to think of Rugby ATM, the Wallabies were walloped by the All Blacks again the other night....

It's just against the natural order of things for a Kiwi sporting team to beat an Aussie team.

'course we have to let them win occasionally, but I think this is eight on the trot :(

[snip]
I'm really self consious about it because my manliness is linked to my hairiness and it looks like I wax my legs.

ROTFLMAO

Mate, wax it all the way up then.
All the bike riders I know that shave reckon the girls really go for the smooth look ;)

Funny thing is none of them will answer me when I ask how far they go :laugh:

ROTFLMAO

Mate, wax it all the way up then.
All the bike riders I know that shave reckon the girls really go for the smooth look ;)

Funny thing is none of them will answer me when I ask how far they go :laugh:

Mrs. ZC requested I get my back waxed for our honeymoon. I bled. A fair bit. Then, I couldn't be shirtless at the beach anyways because I had bloody scabs on my back from the professional back waxing.

I had a vascectomy six weeks ago. There was self shaving involved. I always wondered how that would be done and now I know. Maybe I should write a tutorial

Latest posts

Back