sawdust pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stihlboy

Guess who's back
Reaction score
lets see who has the best pile of dust!!!!!!!! shavings, and chips

1201082048.jpg

Ya all cut wood the most wasteful way eh? :dizzy: Looks like an alternative to a log splitter ;)

The most I had was cutting a 28" dia stump and had chips pile up to the top of my ankle.

Ya all cut wood the most wasteful way eh? :dizzy: Looks like an alternative to a log splitter ;)

The most I had was cutting a 28" dia stump and had chips pile up to the top of my ankle.

Lets see you load 36" rounds onto a splitter all day. Plus, making noodles is FUN!

I save noodles and use them for firestarter in my insert. Works awesome!

Lets see you load 36" rounds onto a splitter all day. Plus, making noodles is FUN!

I save noodles and use them for firestarter in my insert. Works awesome!

I always 1/4 my big rounds too and it is fun thats for sure. It really sucks to clean them up though. Its great when you're cutting somewhere that u can leave them lay.:clap:

So what chain makes good noodles?

I have a RS chain that just make good sized wood chips.

Already have a few tanks thru my 361 as of today (felled another staghorn summac, 45 foot...dead one this time)

Sounds like a excuse for me to make pancakes out of the 2 big dogwoods my good neighbor on the opposite side had felled by a tree co.
They just ditched it on the town's property.

I'd need to get a timberjack, not sure if the local home depot carries them.

Can't wait to have at least 10 tanks run thru it to get it broken-in and get the power increase ;)

Dang, we split a ton of popular at a tree job this summer so it would fit in the chipper. It sucked lugging the big chunks to the chipper, but the splicing was a lot of fun because the climber put a wicked sharpening on the chain. Way faster than a new chain.

Someone give me a excuse to cut these up in my backyard (neighbor trees fallen into my backyard):

1031081810a.jpg

BTW the trees with the orange and yellow ribbons are cut down already by me...staghorn summac's.

pb020049a.jpg

almost hit my yew's I relocated to the backyard...and it's like candy to the deers :dizzy:

It'd be funny to randomly place all the pancakes all over the backyard and watch the bad side neighbor call the town for cutting trees down in which the building inspector comes out to find this is a joke :laugh:

Last edited:

Already have a few tanks thru my 361 as of today (felled another staghorn summac, 45 foot...dead one this time)

Sounds like a excuse for me to make pancakes out of the 2 big dogwoods my good neighbor on the opposite side had felled by a tree co.

Can't wait to have at least 10 tanks run thru it to get it broken-in and get the power increase ;)

Cutting wood long ways is what makes noodles.

sorry guys but it snowed last night and all today but i took a pic of my small little pile,ill post it because sawdust is sawdust!! i was noodling with my 066 today it plugged up once because i was trying to low speed cut. i freehand milled two 2x12's.im gonna make a night stand

Not ta get off topic (Noodling and Piles...wihout proctology) but skip Northern tool for the Timber jack. I got mine on a whim and the stupid thing bent right at the head on the first 20" Oak it was used to roll, and I never got a chance to use it as a Jack. Cheap Chineese iron.
If Ya want mine, it's on the scrap pile behind the barn with the welding scrap.

Dogwood? What are ya waiting for?:D

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

If you haven't seen tree sling'r youtube videos; then you haven't seen a pile of sawdust.

He cuts some circles then goes into the end and puts down a pile of dust that is awesome.

KRS

here is just the little area of dust i took a pic of both piles but forgot to save the big pile pic :censored: :censored:

1202081711.jpg

Someone give me a excuse to cut these up in my backyard (neighbor trees fallen into my backyard):

1031081810a.jpg

BTW the trees with the orange and yellow ribbons are cut down already by me...staghorn summac's.

pb020049a.jpg

almost hit my yew's I relocated to the backyard...and it's like candy to the deers :dizzy:

It'd be funny to randomly place all the pancakes all over the backyard and watch the bad side neighbor call the town for cutting trees down in which the building inspector comes out to find this is a joke :laugh:

Is that a sloped back cut in the first pic?

Latest posts

Back