Screw you and the 066 you Rode in on!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sloppy bottom ends, and air leaks?

Sounds like irritable bowel syndrome.

I think it was irritable logger syndrome.

They loved the 385/390's at the mill, until I ported them a 372. They would get 2 years out of em till they puked in various ways. The first 372 I did for em lasted 2 years before the bottom end went.

Husky sucks in the crank dept...

The MS460 they bought brand new in 02' is still plugging along....;)

Dang fine looking Windsor hard nose bar in an obscure mount pattern.;)
Yeap fits very well and should make a little more use of the power available.much better than the 20".only thing the old bar had going for it was that its a sugihara.now to find a used piston and cylinder for some port work.have a complete parts saw with a cleanable cylinder but long story short an idiot i know put it in part of a barn with out tin on it.cylinder was put in a bucket that collected water for a few years.crank case was setting right next to it.

They loved the 385/390's at the mill, until I ported them a 372. They would get 2 years out of em till they puked in various ways. The first 372 I did for em lasted 2 years before the bottom end went.

Stop confusing them with the truth.

Why would a bottom end go in any pro model husky? It's one of the most coolest running bearing in the whole saw and gets well lubed. It's not the saw, it's the guy using the saw and mixing the gas! So there! Lol

They are designed to be run in 3rd world countries on a mix of chicken fat n diesel oil. They can stand up to double the punishment a Orange saw can...LOL

True.

Mayhaps they leave it in the truck?

It's actually been semi-retired at the moment. They broke the starter rope.

Ain't nobody got time fo dat!!

Oh yea....

Explain the MS460... :p
Your right Wiggs the 460 was sorta my fault it was used since new with a log wizard and was all embalmed in pine sap, so I had the bright Idea of leaning it out and toasted the top end, but I think it was mastermind that said the bottom end may stihl be good. Btw the friend I got the 460 off is now dead, he crushed himself with a tree. He was a woodcutter through and through. Still got the cadaverous 460 though.

Dang! You are one angry midget, ain't ya?

Well.... Yea.

The operators call me "the grouch" at work. Wish I could explain to em if they weren't so stoopid, I wouldn't be so grouchy...

Your right Wiggs the 460 was sorta my fault it was used since new with a log wizard and was all embalmed in pine sap, so I had the bright Idea of leaning it out and toasted the top end, but I think it was mastermind that said the bottom end may stihl be good. Btw the friend I got the 460 off is now dead, he crushed himself with a tree. He was a woodcutter through and through. Still got the cadaverous 460 though.

Sorry bout ur friend john. :(

I often worry about my logger friends. One got hit with a widow maker a few years ago. Almost ruined his leg. He's good to go now though, but was a real close call.

Another got his hand in between a winch cable and a red oak, and the skidder driver had it on go. I got pics of that, but it might make some folks go hurling there thanksgiving turkey on their keyboards...

Be safe out there john.

And send me that 460....

Back