Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Buggered if I know what type of Euc it is, sorry. There are so many flavours that often the best i can do is narrow it down to a group rather than anything definitive. Whenever I need an absolute ID, I send bark, leaves, seeds away to a testing place to positively ID for me. Was a free service last time I did so, but I think they may charge now.

Now how odd is that, in chipper's quote of my post I can see the images!
I'll edit now, the photos should appear shortly for all...with luck.
My guess is your browser is sourcing the image from its cache, rather than the net. To help confirm, you could clear your browsers cache and then try viewing that page again.

Well, PB used to work on every site I visit, and put up the full pic. Since PB buggered up, every site is a little different. I'm getting old and don't like change, but I have a couple paid for scrounges coming up that might have pics. One will have some Ash firewood, and the other might have some Cypress logs logs big enough to mill, Joe.

Buggered if I know what type of Euc it is, sorry. There are so many flavours that often the best i can do is narrow it down to a group rather than anything definitive. Whenever I need an absolute ID, I send bark, leaves, seeds away to a testing place to positively ID for me. Was a free service last time I did so, but I think they may charge now.

I must say, I'm less confident about the southern blue gum diagnosis after seeing the two other pics. Juvenile trunks do look a bit like that but it could easily be something else. Call it firewood and burn it, I reckon.

looks good Joe. i guess you'll give @Cowboy254 a run for the money now you know how to post pics.:laughing:

Oh come on, no-one wastes the interweb's electrons like me. Or at least like I used to when I had something to post. I'm going to either start cutting wood again or buy more new cars :crazy2: .

I must say, I'm less confident about the southern blue gum diagnosis after seeing the two other pics. Juvenile trunks do look a bit like that but it could easily be something else. Call it firewood and burn it, I reckon.

Oh come on, no-one wastes the interweb's electrons like me. Or at least like I used to when I had something to post. I'm going to either start cutting wood again or buy more new cars :crazy2: .
NO, NO, NO, buy more OLD cars. I sold my 58 Zodiac a couple years ago and I still miss it. I'd still like a 56 Chrysler Ute, and an early 60's TVR Griffith. Back when I first joined AS I posted a pic of the Zodiac in the "readers rides" forum, and only the guys in Australia and NZ could identify it. Sorry Neil, you weren't here yet. Neil, are you old enough to recognize a Zodiac, Joe.

Any of you lot in 110v land want a Makita 18v DC18RC charger? It came with a kit I bought from up there but I'd need to change a few components to allow it to work on our 240v system and I can't be arsed and have another charger anyway.
Free to a good home.
s-l300.jpg

*edit* WTF is wrong with you people:)
Already got one - fine, glue this one to it and you've got a double (or triple if yours is a double) charger. I'll even cover the shipping cost.

Will give it a few days and if noone wants it I might open it up and see if I can fit the pcb from my current one in there as the fan on that is getting a bit noisy.

Anyone here muffler mod their weed eater? Due to much rain and busy schedule, I have fallen behind and as I was playing catchup and feeding the mosquitoes last night, I was thinking that maybe my little Stihl has more in it.
I'd do that if I had more time. When you get into the thick grass even the higher end weed whips could use a bit more grunt.

I discovered yesterday that wasps can build in a roof of an outdoor boiler. I was working outside on firewood and it was a good day to fire up the boiler for a test run pre season. After I started I saw one wasp and figured an overnight boiler run would heat them out. Today he had friends. Lucky I got bit only, not stung. Needless to say a spraying is in order. I have the best wife I could finds ever. We had the week off002.JPG to get stuff done around the house. She saw me cutting and splitting outside, she never liked my toss in a pile stack job. So her solution was to stack our 10' -20'-5' pile of split wood on her own. I split she stacked. I also found out that my Harbor Freight electric chain sharpener works well for me. I am sure others have better ways but for me a sharp chain tossing chips and digging in is all I need.

I discovered yesterday that wasps can build in a roof of an outdoor boiler. I was working outside on firewood and it was a good day to fire up the boiler for a test run pre season. After I started I saw one wasp and figured an overnight boiler run would heat them out. Today he had friends. Lucky I got bit only, not stung. Needless to say a spraying is in order. I have the best wife I could finds ever. We had the week offView attachment 597192 to get stuff done around the house. She saw me cutting and splitting outside, she never liked my toss in a pile stack job. So her solution was to stack our 10' -20'-5' pile of split wood on her own. I split she stacked. I also found out that my Harbor Freight electric chain sharpener works well for me. I am sure others have better ways but for me a sharp chain tossing chips and digging in is all I need.

She's a keeper. Now you just need to show her how to use the splitter so she can split and stack while you just do the cutting :sweet:.

Crap, thought I was gonna croak. Took down a 40", three lead Ash. Full sun, drank 6 bottles of Gatorade, Coconut water, BAi, took magnesium pills. I'm cramping so bad I can't type with both hands. Can only use my right forefinger. If I cup my hands to type, they both cramp up into a fist and I have to peel my fingers open. On top of that, I felt a vibration in my truck on the highway. Grabbed my trailer tire and shook it, clunck, clunck, the bearing is going. Tried the other side, same thing. So, if I can straighten out any of my body parts tomorrow, I guess I'll be putting in a set of bearings, Joe.

Crap, thought I was gonna croak. Took down a 40", three lead Ash. Full sun, drank 6 bottles of Gatorade, Coconut water, BAi, took magnesium pills. I'm cramping so bad I can't type with both hands. Can only use my right forefinger. If I cup my hands to type, they both cramp up into a fist and I have to peel my fingers open. On top of that, I felt a vibration in my truck on the highway. Grabbed my trailer tire and shook it, clunck, clunck, the bearing is going. Tried the other side, same thing. So, if I can straighten out any of my body parts tomorrow, I guess I'll be putting in a set of bearings, Joe.
10 years ago in Florida I could buy Salt tablets at the welding supply shop helped retain water

Latest posts

Back