Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 389006 Got the laptop kinda working, here is a pic of the trailer with a load. MustangMikes ported 046 and my fleet of Husky's made firewood out of four massive red oaks. I must have pulled 12 of these trailer loads from this back yard.
Sweet!

I just got access to a trailer like this. Once I get the new receiver on my truck, it's go time!

Lifetime guarantee dont mean nothin if the company goes outta business

Good point.

They were founded in 1649, and have annual sales of approximately $1 billion (US).

Could be a fly-by-night organization.

I like my Fiskars axes and splitters. No tool does everything for everybody though.

Philbert

@Philbert still takes the cake for tongue in cheek humor. :D

I made a few more bins but these ones cost a few more bucks. I didn't have any more skids the right size so had to use 2x4 and 2x6 to make them. Complete price per "box" was $35.37 each. Would have only been $20.50 if I had the skids. Going to have to keep my eyes peeled a little better.
IMG_00001922.jpg

Thanks benp , I'll be at it on boxing day ;)
I talked to John Dunsworth not that long ago , his brother Jeff runs a service shop specializing in Volvos .
Mike Smith (Bubbles)has a popular bar here in town and I think Rob Wells lives about 15 minutes from here LOL
Well , the sprue beer is gone , was ok but not on the list to buy again , the other three , they're on the repeat list :)
The lobstah , well , they need no invitation , they're always on the list .

NO WAY!!!

That is too cool!!! They seem like pretty nice guys.

wudpirat, we are still allowed to have a few guns here but it's getting worse real quick. They are trying to register pellet guns now. I used to buy and sell a few guns in my spare time but hardly even shoot anymore. I have enough to do me for awhile and I have a few friends who have some real toys hidden around.
IMG_00001923.jpg IMG_00001926.jpg

Marshy, Until recently the liquid ballast of choice was Calcium Chloride bit it's very corrosive to the wheels when is seeps out and they all did. I had mine filled with RimGuard but windshield washer fluid is also common. I've heard of Beet juice but not in this area. Àny progress on your truck engine?

The citrus-based stuff is supposedly non corrosive.

Haven't really needed to mix too much of that oak in yet. 5-1 ratio maybe. Trying to save it for next year, let it age as long as possible. I gotta rip some of those big pieces of ash yet. Not sure on the trailer. I stacked two cords in it, then stacked the wood in the back of the truck for one load. Mikey just pointed to the rear tires and mentioned i might want to bump them upfrom 50 psi to 75 psi. Also I still habe to get over to Greeners house and drop those two dead ash trees over there. They've been standing dead for about two years now.

That's the trailer I'm gonna use to bring the two pallets of quick-crete up to the cabin in. Also thinking about getting a few 55 gallon drums for water. Were gonna need a LOT of water when doing the concrete.

Back