Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike:
Sorry Mike,
The gas jug I was referring to was in Cantoo's trailer, not yours. I think they still allow empty 12ga shells in Canada ?

My grandson Mike was laid up for six weeks with cracked ribs, He's my main wood supplier, so I'm six weeks short on wood. No wood and the splitter was idle.
Then the wood came, two cord from one neighbor and that load of pine from another. I got the wood home and then the rains came. seems like I just can't get a break. Hope the heavy snow holds off for a while.
But we have that Polar Votex Zogger warned us about. Is that the same Alberta Clipper we always got ?
Bitter cold in Jan. and Feb. The Dog asking," Can't I just pee by the door, do I really have to go outside?"
OUT! OUT! and finish, no squirting to relive the pressure, then you can come back in. sometime they're worst than kids.
I have no trouble with the animals, except Pretty Kitty, the cat, always get an argument, and lose.

Several options...a brine mix is the most common, the stuff I have is a citrus-based fluid, some guys even use washer fluid on small applications.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using Tapatalk
OK, I was wondering because you had mentioned buying it, and I was wondering what it was that would carry a monetary value for a few barrels of "used" liquid.

and finish, no squirting to relive the pressure, then you can come back in. sometime they're worst than kids.
I have no trouble with the animals, except Pretty Kitty, the cat, always get an argument, and lose.

Yep. Mine are the same way. :cold:

Marshy, Until recently the liquid ballast of choice was Calcium Chloride bit it's very corrosive to the wheels when is seeps out and they all did. I had mine filled with RimGuard but windshield washer fluid is also common. I've heard of Beet juice but not in this area. Àny progress on your truck engine?

Marshy, Until recently the liquid ballast of choice was Calcium Chloride bit it's very corrosive to the wheels when is seeps out and they all did. I had mine filled with RimGuard but windshield washer fluid is also common. I've heard of Beet juice but not in this area. Àny progress on your truck engine?
That's what I thought it was...

Not much since. Going to take the other head off and replace all the valve stem seals before the week is out. I'm waiting to see if the fat man, I mean Santa, is going to bring me anything for xmas. If not, my next pay check has 40 hours of OT that I'm using towards a cam and intake. I just took the truck off the road for the winter so no real rush to get it back together. Only thing it might get used for between now and spring is an emergency wood haul. If I find a scrounge good enough it might get put back on the road but I doubt it, I like to keep the salt off it.

Here she is all dolled up. Need to put on the rear center wheel covers and could use a new set of tires in the near future. Would like to go with 35" but cant really do that with the stock 15" rims being only 8.5" wide and all. Those are 31x10.5-15" and look almost like little doughnuts. Might do 33"x10.5 and call it good, all 35" are 12" wide an I don't want the wider tires...

2011-08-19_13-29-51_638.jpg

All this is from a clear cut job
75b7ec4d619155dfe2b94bf71d74edf1.jpg

No scrounge for me for the next couple of days , the wife shut me down till Boxing Day :(
Well , I guess it's time to start the holidays :)

Happy Festivus all !

IMG_20141223_183608.jpg

Nice Dan.

Hang in there and to qoute Jim Lehey from your neck of the woods....."Let the liquor guide you." Or at least guide those lobsters into the pot.

Be mindful of the ribs. They will let you know how much you can and cannot do. I have 8 on my left side that are broke broke from 3 years ago. My chest x ray looks like tic tac toe on crack with a bunch of X's where the breaks are.

You will be back at it and those ribs will zing you every now and then. At least you have quite a bit of wood put up.

Enjoy your most excellent meal.

Thanks benp , I'll be at it on boxing day ;)
I talked to John Dunsworth not that long ago , his brother Jeff runs a service shop specializing in Volvos .
Mike Smith (Bubbles)has a popular bar here in town and I think Rob Wells lives about 15 minutes from here LOL
Well , the sprue beer is gone , was ok but not on the list to buy again , the other three , they're on the repeat list :)
The lobstah , well , they need no invitation , they're always on the list .

No scrounge for me for the next couple of days , the wife shut me down till Boxing Day :(
Well , I guess it's time to start the holidays :)

Happy Festivus all !

IMG_20141223_183608.jpg
That looks fantastic! Looks like the wife knows how to keep you out of the woods. Just fill his belly with fresh lobster and fine brew. :cheers:

I have holiday hours tomorrow and Thursday, and if no service calls hit the board on Friday, I'll make a run to town and fill out my time sheet and get my weekend rolling.

Happy Festivus!

I've always wondered what boxing day is? When I think of what it could mean....... I gotta go lace up my shoes, rinse off the mouth guard, and slip on the gloves. Do you guys get to call out someone you don't like for three rounds of throw down???? I bet a lot of issues would get ironed out with my idea!

Back