Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wren/chickadee/nuthatch houses are ready to go. Moving up the spectrum to swallow houses next. All of the lumber on the three new houses was scrounged.
View attachment 813451
I made a bunch of these, some planed, the rest raw, 30-50 year old Oak fence boards. I put one out side my computer desk window. I thought the Blue Birds would never use it because it was in full sun. They started nesting a couple weeks ago, and I get at least 3 clutches a summer out of that one box., 3 years old now.
gThCgFY.jpg

Agreed! They had logged off about 20 acres of red pine down the road. Scattered among the pine was a bunch of cherry, anywhere from 8-20" width. They had it all neatly stacked. It sat for probably 3-4 years. I finally asked about it and he said "have at it". It's nicely seasoned, bark is now off, and there's probably at least 10 full cord. It's cherry, but it makes heat and it's free.
Congrats on the cherry score neighbor.
Where are you in the mitten or the UP.
Welcome to AS.
Brett

Took a break from wood and have been playing with this:
View attachment 814354

View attachment 814355

Was a royal PITA to remove from the RV it was in. She hasn’t run in a long time I guess. Changed the oil, cleaned the plugs, and put some AV gas to her. Purrs like a kitten. Need to do some wiring on the gen side, then get a more permanent fuel tank. I’m gonna build up this small garden tractor trailer to haul it around on. Need to build a battery box, etc.

Also got my new tires mounted up today! A huge difference over stock size (went from 235/85r16 to 285/75r16s). No rubbing, and they look way better. Only negative is I found out that my front fuel tank is leaking. Ugh..

View attachment 814356

I hope y’all are staying well. Haven’t been able to keep up with the thread.
Looks good, nice truck!!

Took a break from wood and have been playing with this:
View attachment 814354

View attachment 814355

Was a royal PITA to remove from the RV it was in. She hasn’t run in a long time I guess. Changed the oil, cleaned the plugs, and put some AV gas to her. Purrs like a kitten. Need to do some wiring on the gen side, then get a more permanent fuel tank. I’m gonna build up this small garden tractor trailer to haul it around on. Need to build a battery box, etc.

Also got my new tires mounted up today! A huge difference over stock size (went from 235/85r16 to 285/75r16s). No rubbing, and they look way better. Only negative is I found out that my front fuel tank is leaking. Ugh..

View attachment 814356

I hope y’all are staying well. Haven’t been able to keep up with the thread.

That truck is nice man.
So the tank is leaking and the tires will suck an extra couple miles a gallon, thats a bummer :baba:.
Those generators like that sure are heavy, but they put out some great power and will run forever. What will you use it for.

You must keep them off the salty roads all winter.
The two tone 72 was from the state of Washington, 68 a farm truck from South Carolina. The burban from Michigan has 15k miles on it . But I have others.
This black 64 hawk my dad bought new has 30,112 miles on it never been restored all original paint and interior
20190904_142425.jpg
1963 Studebaker Avanti another all original car
instagram avanti.jpg
1969 AMX 390 dual quad 4spd
20140917_161533.jpg
1962 lark v8
20180916_180715.jpg
And my favorite real 138 vin SS396
20180731_212007.jpg

What's the chrome thing on the passenger side fender just behind the wheel?

Gas cap.

The tank is under the doors, the front of the tank is even with the front of the front door. On a 2 door pickup the filler is right behind the door, into the cab. A hose connects the filler tube to a tube welded to the tank that sticks up through the floor. On the Travelall and 4 door pickup they welded the filler tube to the front of the tank instead. I wish they worked it into the back somehow, it’s hard to fill this way. It doesn’t drop enough, and will sometimes come back at you instead of dropping into the tank. Plus, this is a frequent question. I get very strange looks from people at gas stations. Doh!

My daughter took my dog after my first wife passed. It was her dog but shes like the Energizer bunny. 16 year old black lab that's just about all white now

Ours is 11 now she LOVES to run as fast as possible for no no apparent reason, trump through the swamps and chase sticks all day.

But when she stops for the day. Poor girl hurts. She’s about to the point where she spends a day outside playing and running the next day she can’t get out of her bed. I have to help her up.

Then it’s like magic. the next day she seems fine again[emoji2373]

She is getting their though. I will not be the same man when i lose this dog. She is the one that has been there for me during a lot of big moments in my life.

[emoji847][emoji847][emoji847]
Maybe 2 in this picture

2e4bc49ea5b73938d14d200b56350e2a.jpg

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

My newer 2065 wasn't oiling for crap. I hadn't done anything to it but replace the gas cap. It was fairly clean and had a freshly sharpened chain when I got it.

Thought great gonna need a worm gear or lines. The bar on its a svandik with 2 mount patterns FWIW. Turns out the oiler channel was packed with funk. Cleaned it all up oils great. But I am gonna put the 28" on. I think the extra mount holes are why the channel was packed with funk.

Ran the 011 a bit trimming 1 more piece off brush I was dragging. Then one of my twins showed up with her b/f. He wants my 66 galaxie 500. But their living in an RV right now and I refuse to contribute to the follies. Get a place of their own n I'd give it to em.

Latest posts

Back