Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
farmer steve

farmer steve

outstanding in my field, 5150
. AS Supporting Member.
Never cut a one of them, and would have no idea what they look like … but that was a good brain tease! I also guessed pear and peach even though I have also never cut them either … just figured it may be a farm thing! I did not even know that Apricot and Pecan grew in these parts!
You almost walked under both (less than 50 feet) when we went for lunch at the GTG. :laugh:

rarefish383

rarefish383

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
rarefish383

rarefish383

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Looks like a screen shot Joe.:laugh:
Yep, that’s the one outside my computer desk. I was looking through my Gallery for pics, and glanced out the window. The male and female were taking pine needles in. They build the nest out of sticks, then line it with needles

muddstopper

muddstopper

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Hydro dipping a Chainsaw:
Video is a bit long but the guy is teaching his son. Cool look and idea for a saw build.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Pretty interesting, but I bet they had to turn the chain around before it would cut:crazy2::crazy2:

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
. AS Supporting Member.
Sometimes with taller tires people are getting better mileage than they think sense your going more miles than odometer shows with taller tires. Can check it with gps or speedometer app on your phone.

Friend of mine has a pickup just like yours (had 460 also) and he’s doing a Cummins swap in his, getting close to being done.View attachment 814509
That can be an issue. I always check mine to the gps and the mile markers on the expressway to be sure I know how much to take off for an inaccurate speedo :).
Dang that's gonna be a sweet ride right there!

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
. AS Supporting Member.
Here you go @Lionsfan .
Pulling a little black locust pole that the roots had rotted on and it was tipped into a few other trees and was hung up. Could have easily been done with the hook on the loader and a choker chain, but when they get hung up they like to swing and get a bit violent. I cut it away from the rootball before pulling it, I have a good number more of these to do yet in this area. I'm putting it all in the woodshed for 21/22 season :happy:.

James Miller

James Miller

Addicted to ArboristSite
Unfortunately, I'm starting to feel like your dog. I do things I probably should not do, then I hurt and take it easy, then like magic I'm good again and I do more things I should not do … I'm hoping it's just some Tax Season rust, and as I keep pushing myself I'll get better … but I don't know, never been quite like this before!
I've been off for 2-3 weeks now. Don't feel sick just lack of energy. I'll split enough to fill the bucket on the tractor and that's what I got. Normally I'd split enough for a few loads but just don't have it in me right now.
Yes, 60dl x 3/8 is a 16" bar.
Guess I'll have to stop at the stihl dealer and get a chain. Lowes and HD dont have 3/8 loops that short.

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
. AS Supporting Member.
I've been off for 2-3 weeks now. Don't feel sick just lack of energy. I'll split enough to fill the bucket on the tractor and that's what I got. Normally I'd split enough for a few loads but just don't have it in me right now.

Guess I'll have to stop at the stihl dealer and get a chain. Lowes and HD dont have 3/8 loops that short.
I need more sunlight for energy. The good thing is we have full sun right now, talk later, gotta get out in it while it lasts!
The stihl chain is very hard steel so it will hold an edge great, but will be harder to mod.

Logger nate

Logger nate

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Nice! I Would be interested to know what all he did/used for his swap. I’m still in the planning phase. I have a line on a good p-pump 6bt, and I’m hunting for a zf5 trans out of a 4x4.
This is his second one. He has a metal fab business. If your on Facebook he is Bacon Creek Metal. I’m sure he could help you out. Quite a bit of experience. Good luck on your project, that will be nice!

woodchip rookie

woodchip rookie

Addicted to ArboristSite
Score !
I only had a small window yesterday afternoon so ,

KWAOFlj.jpg
Picc88d.jpg
6cmRytH.jpg
FZgzf0C.jpg
R6aRJYY.jpg

A small load but in the furnace keeping the house warm :)
We had big sky day fri & sat. Got sunburnt

James Miller

James Miller

Addicted to ArboristSite
I need more sunlight for energy. The good thing is we have full sun right now, talk later, gotta get out in it while it lasts!
The stihl chain is very hard steel so it will hold an edge great, but will be harder to mod.
There the only game in town since shirks closed or it would be carlton.

H-Ranch

H-Ranch

Is there an ECHO in here?
. AS Supporting Member.
James Miller

James Miller

Addicted to ArboristSite
It looks like sasafras from here. Light, splits very easy, root beer like smell.
This stuff's heavier then the oak splits at my other spot and has no smell. Also puking white sap from under the bark when cut. Most likely mulberry as theres not much hedge around here.