Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My neighbor Chris came over, in the dark last night, and plowed my driveway with his PU Truck and his Kubota.

He knows I'm in Tax Season and that snow would be a bit of work for my ATV.

This morning it almost looks like it was not plowed, and it is still snowing.

Going to go out now with the ATV.
About the same at my place, went and blowed everything down yesterday afternoon. This morning when I left for work, darn near didnt look like I did anything. Seriously considering selling off a few of my Cubs to fund a "bigger" kubota.

We were at 6" on the ruler this morning, been snowing all day. I bet we're between 7-8" now. Loving it!! Only bummer is I'm a little under the weather. Wasn't 100% yesterday while playing in the woods, and felt worse after. Took the day off work for job #1, may take tomorrow off also.

Yeah, that freaking Carolina creeper vine followed me all the way out, LOL.

Will look for a bar, I was looking a Sugi but they are spendy.
Sounds nice, it looked like you guys were getting a good bit on the radar.
Finally getting better now myself, been sick since last Tuesday.
So did you cut it up to use for kindling lol.
Did you buy it yet :p .

I'm surprised it is not later in the day.

Plowed the addl 4" that were in my driveway, plowed a lane for the dogs in the back yard, then plowed out 5 other neighbor's (including the one who plowed for me last night).

Then I cleaned off the truck and shoveled my front steps (8 concrete steps and a platform), and you can't just push the snow off of the steps, there are bushes you will destroy, so you have to throw it all over them!

I was thinking it would be noon already! I guess if I just go like I'm still a teenager, I can still get stuff done!

Nope. Those were eBay. $7. @MarkEagleUSA got me started with his conversion:

View attachment 886906

Philbert
I've got lesser versions of the 2 cards, only real use I find for them is to check file sizes. I don't use them for that often except figuring out what I need to order, I use whichever file works best for how I want to tune the chain.
Not sure why the blue depth gauge didn't show up in your post, but I can see it in my reply. I wish I had another verier caliper like the one I have, I'd make one like this blue one. I think @Definitive Dave has some for sale in his store on eBay, but I'm not sure where the gauges are made. I could probably find a nice Starrett dial indicator to convert on Craigslist, since we have a lot of manufacturing here in GR, I see a lot of older gauges for sale. Like I've said before, I go out of my way to avoid sending any of my cash to china whether thru direct purchases or indirectly. There's a red dot optic I'd like to get for one of my rifles, but it's made there :rare2:, I'll do without for the sake of my kids and my country as well as many other countries:yes:.

I can't keep up, I miss a day and I'm 10 pages behind. The X540 worked well in my drive and on the court where I split wood. But, my neighbors drive is just a little steeper and I couldn't make it up, even with the TracLoc on. Might have to go with more weight. For the neighbors drive I took the 4X4 loader over. Started at the top and went all the way down, no problem. Went back to the top and the second pass went all the way down and started to slow down. Then I saw dirt come over the bucket. I got about 2' off center and took up a 2' wide swath of sod. He's on his way home from Fla, guess I'll call him and warn him.

I looked at that sideways for a min too, but not more than a min lol.
When I'm running searched on Craigslist one of the things that still get's me is "chainsaw" cases, I look thinking I wander what models saws, only to realize it's a case :cry:.

I would like one of those, preferably one not made in china, do you know of any.
My vernier calipers were bought at Aldis, they're made in Germany :p.
How about a pair of Mitutoya's, made in Japan?

I can't keep up, I miss a day and I'm 10 pages behind. The X540 worked well in my drive and on the court where I split wood. But, my neighbors drive is just a little steeper and I couldn't make it up, even with the TracLoc on. Might have to go with more weight. For the neighbors drive I took the 4X4 loader over. Started at the top and went all the way down, no problem. Went back to the top and the second pass went all the way down and started to slow down. Then I saw dirt come over the bucket. I got about 2" off center and took up a 2' wide swath of sod. He's on his way home from Fl, guess I'll call him and warn him.

She does good. 2 stage or single stage? Mine takes a bit of finesse being a single in heavier snow.

Back