Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess my good morning post is late but good morning.

Rain and wind all night followed by slushy snow that is still coming down now. I do not think we will get all that much accumulation but it sure makes a mess.

Slept like crap last night, woke up with a headache and sinus drainage (I have bad seasonal allergies which are starting to fire up). A handful of Aleve has me feeling human again.

I guess my good morning post is late but good morning.

Rain and wind all night followed by slushy snow that is still coming down now. I do not think we will get all that much accumulation but it sure makes a mess.

Slept like crap last night, woke up with a headache and sinus drainage (I have bad seasonal allergies which are starting to fire up). A handful of Aleve has me feeling human again.
hi svk - hope you stay on the mend. i dont seem to have allergy issues, but many do down here. the pine and oak green pollen is in full swing. level: EXTREME! da'n stuff is everywhere...

1616595758130.png

FWIW my old friend used to use quart oil jugs as well as a tide laundry detergent jug for his mixed gas to fuel up his small outboard. The laundry detergent jugs were very sturdy and also have that little pouring snout so you could fill the top motor as you were driving.
?

Both Hop Hornbeam and Hornbeam (AKA Blue Beach) are known as Ironwood. Hop Hornbeam is AKA Lever Wood and is supposed to be very good as a tool handle.

I plan to rehab an old peavey with some of it.
speaking of tool handles and scrounges... i was out on a bike ride yesterday in my neighborhood. passed thru this one x-roads where 2 roads cross 2 time. (was on 3rd mile) nada! then on 3rd pass something caught my eye. my scrounge instincts kicke in! a glimmer glow under the sun's reflections. i down shifted the bike, turned around and got off to investigate. looked interesting as i approached it, but what was it. not your average junk in the street stuff... omg -

:wtf:, 'lookie-here!'

There are two things you never loan to another man.

1. Your wife.
2. Your chainsaw.

Well, at least he probably won't run your wife in the dirt?
I'd rather loan out my wife then one of my saws, she would get returned my saws wouldnt. Lol.

Was a but dissatisfied in last evening's endeavor. Got over to my mates place at 4:30. His other guy showed up, got up in the tree and started dropping the top out. Wasnt much left up there, took till about 6:30 till he was done. Hooked up a bull line, came down hooked the other end to a short log, did his face, and totally butchered the back cut. Tree fell 20 odd feet to the left of where it needed to be about 3 more feet would have taken out the kids swing set. My mate was too daft to understand what happened. But it's on the ground. I didnt even fire a saw last night. Till the other guy was done, it was pushing 7:15 and we were loosing light fast. I'll run over tomorrow after work and clean the top up, and cut the but down to 20foot lengths so he can haul it off to the saw mill. Big old poplar.

Latest posts

Back