Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do my garden to eat healthy.

Same here mike. I need to fence my garden something decided to eat and wipe out my single row of corn plants. I dunno if it is to late to replant but I will anyway. I have lots in the garden and orchard. Tomatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, peas, green peppers, orange peppers, red peppers, hot peppers and I had some corn. I have some strawberries, and blueberries plus a small orchard of fruit trees but the trees are too young to produce fruit. I tried planting lettuce and asparagus a little late an nothing has come up yet. I love having fresh fruit and veggies.

Same here mike. I need to fence my garden something decided to eat and wipe out my single row of corn plants. I dunno if it is to late to replant but I will anyway. I have lots in the garden and orchard. Tomatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, peas, green peppers, orange peppers, red peppers, hot peppers and I had some corn. I have some strawberries, and blueberries plus a small orchard of fruit trees but the trees are too young to produce fruit. I tried planting lettuce and asparagus a little late an nothing has come up yet. I love having fresh fruit and veggies.
I keep planting sweet corn until around july 10th. depends on what the days to harvest is. did you plant asparagus "roots"?
here's a google shot of my sweet corn patches a few years ago.
GoogleEarth_Image.jpg

I planted asparagus from seed and it has only been a two or three weeks. I was just hoping to see something coming up. Thanks for the info on the corn. I will definitely be planting again. This is my second year with a garden so I am stumbling my way through it.
i usually soak the seed overnite before planting it. even in the greenhouse it takes a couple of week to come up. what variety?

After feeding the local homeless deer population for several summers I decided to support local farmers ...

Got a call on Monday from my local John Deere dealer that they got a trade in that I might be interested in .
I went over and bought the tractor on the spot without hearing it run , they delivered it today :)

j3UE5EwvDx9wAcBXjt4GbPrAA_CArdlZ3NAdUWF-LPw=w815-h611-no

I'll install a hitch tomorrow so it can haul my wood cart :)
Hmmmmm , I wonder if Cantoo would trade for the Steiner ???

I pulled the covers off the chipper I bought. They had never greased any of the bearings. The fittings were painted over and one inside was too tight to get without a 45* grease gun so I fixed that with the acetylene wrench. The thing is in good shape and hasn't seen much use. My son already put it up for sale.
IMG_20150610_182104.jpg

IMG_20150610_175105.jpg

Was talking to a buddy yesterday and he told me he was going to take down a couple mulberry trees. I told him I'd help take em down.

Got home today and drive past my wood pile, he cut them up, delivered, and stacked them for me.

Now that's a buddy!! Good deal. Show him a good, unexpected favor one day...friends like that seem to be few and far between nowadays. Good for ya.

After wondering what was up with the asparagus yesterday, closer inspection today yielded the first shoot coming up.
67a55feb842824809aa3943ef1f8e68b.jpg

looks good. they will need fertilizer this year to feed the roots for growing spears next year you should only harvest for about 2 weeks next year.

Latest posts

Back