Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea I had a 350sx I traded for a big red. Wish I still had it but the 350sx wasn't good for skidding logs unless you wanted to skid logs at 70mph stock from factory :rock: :rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::blob2:
Ha ha! Good on ya! 👍I remember the SX!
Honda's 350X air cooled ATC chain drive racer was the one I always wanted. That trike had some sack! I think it even had a duel head pipe at the manifold. Then went into one single silencer! That header would glow red at night! 👍

Ha ha! Good on ya! 👍I remember the SX!
Honda's 350X air cooled ATC chain drive racer was the one I always wanted. That trike had some sack! I think it even had a duel head pipe at the manifold then went into one single silencer! That header would glow red at night! 👍
Yea I have pics of it on my trailer. There like 5-7k now. Yea 70mph was no joke. You are absolutely correct in your assessment of the details.

I know we're all a frugal bunch here. :innocent: Just saw this. 99 cents a gallon,German quality, mix AND bar oil.:omg:
View attachment 1045757
Sounds good! When and where can I try some! Its two in one right? That'll cut spending costs fir sure! 👍 Good deal! Must be just great fir high performance power saws 🤔 I'm thinking!!!

What are you planning Kodiak? Tree work and firewood? Add in some yt content and rehafting axes maybe?
Yeah roger, tree removal and firewood. Don't really want to go back to working in camps. I have one more crab season this winter coming up here in about 10 days. Local Kodiak waters, To good of coin and to close to home to pass up a spot on a good boat. Plus, no Opilio crab season or King crab season on the Bering Sea this year, so Deadliest Catch is coming to Kodiak this winter to film the Baridi Tanner crab season!!!🤦🤦🤦 Man, I really don't like choreographed "reality" TV! 👎

1984 Big Reds were the best by far, they were shaft drive, and hi/lo range trans.. "82" was the first year they were made.

Back in the day, I did a LOT of back woods travel on my Big Red, in Alaska...

SR
Yeah, hard to beat a Big Red! Even today in some circumstances! Their turning radius is second to none when it comes to ATC vs ATV! 👍

I think the Rancher is a 420 and the Foreman is a 500. Im pretty sure Honda builds a Foreman with IRS too.
The Rincon was independent rear, sweet riding quad. The early ones had a trans issue, but it could be fixed with the later model parts, unfortunately it was a time consuming fix.

The Rincon was independent rear, sweet riding quad. The early ones had a trans issue, but it could be fixed with the later model parts, unfortunately it was a time consuming fix.
Roger, I had a 2003 Rincon 650. Although the IS was a very smooth ride compared to SA. I STIHL didn't like it because engine braking was poor due to the transmission design. I sold it about five or six years ago and bought two used 2013, very low hour, garage kept, 420 Ranchers. Fir a total of $6400 dollars! they were owned by an elderly couple that hardly ever used them! It was a smokin deal being as they were in like new condition. The one that belonged to the guys Mrs. , STIHL had factory paint on the tires and the little rubber pins from the tire mold! 👍 The rest Is written in ☠️WAR WAGON☠️ history! 😉

🤘LONG LIVE THE HONDA TRX 420 4X4!!!🤘

Good evening guys. Pretty decent day here. Had my cleaning lady over and she shampooed a bunch of the upstairs. The only downside is the carpeting in my bedroom is still damp at 10:45 and I had piled everything but the big dressers on my bed so they could really clean well…so now I can’t put things on the still damp floor. May just crash on the couch for the night lol.

If you can get one end up on a skidding arch with wheels? You'd be surprised how big a log a wheeler will skid on frozen ground with all four chained up and a heavy round on the front and back rack!🤣 Trust me! 👍 😉
Are you talking about my custom designed log skidder for the ATV???

Attachments

• IMG_20200719_083634092.jpg
    IMG_20200719_083634092.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20200719_083643483.jpg
    IMG_20200719_083643483.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 0
Couple days ago I posted about finally trying skip tooth chain on one of my 372s. Today I decided to see if it actually was cutting faster.

I eyeballed the biggest log in the pile that wasn’t too hard to get to, hooked a chain to it and yanked it out with the truck. Didn’t realize the whole thing was hollow, but it was getting late so I ran with it.

Went ahead and tested a new chain as well just to see how it compared to my sharpened chain.

Both chains were ground the same way, and I set the rakers the same. Both chains are worn about half way.

That saw does not seem to have a lot of balls, the round is not that big but you can hear the saw slow as soon as you start cutting.

Back