Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's why I don't put much faith in these "truck of the year" awards...I remember reading a story about a dude who bought the new lightning and tried to tow with it, the mileage loss was abysmal.
good point, i mean... who ran the poll?? lol... but, on a recent show on trucks... it was stated Ford's F150 platform is the overall winner... year after year! sales, design, popularity, etc...

good point, i mean... who ran the poll?? lol... but, on a recent show on trucks... it was stated Ford's F150 platform is the overall winner... year after year! sales, design, popularity, etc...

Yeah, certain models seem to kinda define the segment. It's kinda like how the Tacoma is in the small pickup segment. There are newer, more powerful, etc small pickups from the other manufacturers, but they always win. I looked at all of them, but the Taco checked all the boxes for me...mainly still having a manual(I'm a manual snob.) I also wanted 4wd and a locker, but they all can be optioned that way.

Rant time lol...I just think of yesterday, when I changed the oil on it. Reading about the oil change process on new Ranger made me cross that one off my list. IIRC, you had to take one of the front wheels off and take part of the inner fender out to reach the oil filter on the Ranger...that was a big nope for me. The Taco oil change requires no lifting of the vehicle, no wheels come off, the filter is at the front of the motor and is in easy reach from the creeper...basically like how cars/trucks used to be.

I almost feel like the engineers have forgotten about serviceability for the end user and are now concerned with trying to pack the most stuff into the smallest space available. I was arguing with my buddy who had a diesel shop about this...he specialized in a certain model of diesel that requires lifting of the cab to do a lot of stuff with the motor. His argument was that lifting the cab was easy...I had to point out that it was easy because he has lifts and gantry cranes in his shop.

Did you ever add Chevy and GMC together and THEN compare sales to the 150?

SR

Few years back I got into an argument with a co-worker that was a gmc guy. He said if we lumped gmc and chevy together they would have out sold the f-150. I let him look up the stats, didn't matter how you took truck sales for 1/2 ton trucks ford has been out selling in that segment for years. 3/4 and 1 ton it gets much tighter in sales and seems to favor one brand for a few years then another. I attribute that to government contracts and other larger company co tracts going after the cheapest truck available. Why we ended up with a dodge 5500 at the township $10k cheaper then a ford and the ford was a lot cheaper then the chevy/gmc option.

One of The reasons Fords are the #1 sellers is corporate accounts .Ford basically sells them at a loss to big fleet operators they have done this since the 70s . Chrysler used to do the same with the Dodge Diplomats for municipalities. I drove them for several years on the PD. What junk but they were cheap, the village changed to Chevy Caprice in 1987 they were more money but were in the shop at about 10% of the time the Dodges were .

I have nothing against Ford I’ve owned a few .

:omg: surely u r kidding?? :surprised3:
Split up my scrounge of ash from yesterday, first time swinging an axe since the kidney stones. I may have to take it easy a while longer as my urine looked like red wine afterwards.
I believe him. I was peeing what looked like hersey syrup before my operation. sometimes red, sometimes almost black. Doc kept saying kidney stones. Well, I did have a kidney stone, and a mass on my kidney. When I finally convinced the doc it was more than a kidney stone they ordered a CT scan, next day they called me up and ordered a CT scan with contrast, the next day they had me set up with a Urologist, who imediantly sent me to a surgon. The surgon scheduled me a time for an operation. He removed a kidney stone that looked like gravel and a piece of my kidney. Stage 3 kidney cancer, now takin Keytruda infusions every 3 weeks. Surgon says he got all the cancer and the Keytruda is just insurance. My suggestion to the OP, or anybody else that might be peeing blood, is demand a CT scan. I argued with my doctor for 9 months before they decided to order the CT scan. Another 9 months and it could have been stage 4 with no hope.

I believe him. I was peeing what looked like hersey syrup before my operation. sometimes red, sometimes almost black. Doc kept saying kidney stones. Well, I did have a kidney stone, and a mass on my kidney. When I finally convinced the doc it was more than a kidney stone they ordered a CT scan, next day they called me up and ordered a CT scan with contrast, the next day they had me set up with a Urologist, who imediantly sent me to a surgon. The surgon scheduled me a time for an operation. He removed a kidney stone that looked like gravel and a piece of my kidney. Stage 3 kidney cancer, now takin Keytruda infusions every 3 weeks. Surgon says he got all the cancer and the Keytruda is just insurance. My suggestion to the OP, or anybody else that might be peeing blood, is demand a CT scan. I argued with my doctor for 9 months before they decided to order the CT scan. Another 9 months and it could have been stage 4 with no hope.
TMI! well, imo

please: no 🚫:thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpictures:🚫

:sucks:

One of The reasons Fords are the #1 sellers is corporate accounts .Ford basically sells them at a loss to big fleet operators they have done this since the 70s . Chrysler used to do the same with the Dodge Diplomats for municipalities. I drove them for several years on the PD. What junk but they were cheap, the village changed to Chevy Caprice in 1987 they were more money but were in the shop at about 10% of the time the Dodges were .

I have nothing against Ford I’ve owned a few .
You honestly think they're building fleet trucks for the specific purpose of selling them for a loss?

You honestly think they're building fleet trucks for the specific purpose of selling them for a loss?
Lost leaders . Sell 100k at a slight loss chances are the guys that drive them every day buy one for themselves . Where they can make 15k profit . The loss on the fleet is used against the retail profits . And to be able Bragg about being the number 1 truck is worth how much ? And no matter the great deal you make at the stealership Ford still makes the same profit .

I’m not talking the guy that buys 10 trucks
But Large fleets that don’t come with a 36 /100k mile warranty the town or state garage does the repaired and pays for the parts .

All companies do this from TVs to supermarkets . Sell TVs to Hilton at a loss but it’s great advertisement . Just the other day Shoprite had a sale on tuna fish . Starkist Albacore 10 for 10 dollars regular price is 3.49 a can . You think they make 2.50 on a can of tuna ? It’s all about getting you into the store or wanting a particular brand .

Hey, I get busy for a while and guess what happened while I was gone! GUNNY came back, still looking for free firewood in Lebanon PA. Why didn't you guys tell me? Dang, things can be just like they used to be!!!
Hey Joe, do you want us to tell you when COWBOY comes back too? :laughing:

Back