Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never Seize is my best friend on everything I work on.

Finished the Wood getter today . Anti-seize is your friend all I needed to clean the flange was brake clean and a little sandpaper . I didn’t take any pictures of it going back together but it was nice and goopy with silver anti-seize . View attachment 1048026
i :heart: the stuff! especially in small amounts for small spots, parts, etc. i have it at 3 work stations in my shop along with 3 oil and lube centers, too! 2 places on bench in shop at ranch. big jars/little jars, tubes, too! never too shy to add a drop or two of oil when called for! even oil the I beam on my splitter and parts! no rust, runs like new! in fact, my oil and lube centers are just as important to me as my cold beer centers, too! 😋 :yes:

Chevie, Ford, Dodge??...ah, come on now!!! :rolleyes: i am going to stay out of it! all i know is any metal will rust if unprotected. C/F/D - flame that one up and prob turn into another used engine oil bar lube heated debate... :popcorn2:

Give me Liberty, and :givebeer:

I gave up tying to baby teh splitter thrugh a session. It was down to running with just short of full choke and power was down. Delivered it to the fix-it guy yesterday.
There is no rush on the splitting, got most of the winter yet. I will keep on manually maybe even after the splitter comes back. Until the Willow is done (around a full cord sill to go.

Next up are a couple cord of Horse Chestnut rounds. That HAS to go through the splitter. I'=ve never encountered any wood so stubbor.
hi tk - i am finding there is hardly any rush on much these days!!! well, imo! lol :)

Yea if you zoom in on the rockers there isn't much there, there's less there now. I buzz bomb them flat black to hide the truth 😆 also it looks like I have a lift with a couple inches of metal missing.
one of the car resto shows was redoing a nice '65 Impala convertible other day on Motor TV... corner panels in rear, bottom and up front... corner holes, rusted out, eaten... had been 'repaired' with asphault repair, kind u get in a tube... all new panels on the English wheel had it looking NIB again

I've had many.
I really have no interest in building anything these days, but I'll probably put another GSXR together when the barn is finished, and I'll line up with it anytime you'd like 👍.BTW, my favorite car to beat was mustangs, and not just on the bikes, but with the chevys, my Pontiac never lost to one either lol. The little s10's with v-8's were fun(I built 5) my favorite race was with a guy who had a v-8 ranger, basically whoever pulled the holeshot would win as it was neck in neck the whole way. Perfect example of similar builds will have similar results in similar conditions with similar drivers. That being said, you would have nothing on anything me or anyone else could build if it was built similar to yours... ;).
Also, if I had it all to do over, I would have built the rangers, as they are much easier to work on than the s10's, but then I wouldn't be able to make fun of all the mustang guys :lol: .
me, too! :rolleyes: 😋

always liked them!

No, it is about 12 flat on the street, but if it is a rolling start up to about 120 not much will catch it.
I've turned 12:46 with it twice, and my back tires are better now, the engine is stroked (from 4.6 to 4.9 Ltr) and I added Magnaflow cats and high-performance coils (both made noticeable differences).
It runs well for a street car, but the new stuff keeps getting faster, but mostly with auto trans and launch control!
i am continually amazed at modern efi hot rodding and what is coming out of Detroit!

Well, there's a LOT of street bikes today that will run in the 10's...

Back in the day I had a bike that ran in the low 12's, and I didn't have any problem with any street legal mustang, big block or not!

SR
sounds like a good thing you din't meet up with MM at a stop light!! :popcorn2:
:cool:

This happened on the highway to my mountain place yesterday, they got it cleared today. A bigger one was cleared yesterday, took them a few days on that one.

saw that on news. tonite we saw car on news with boulder on top!!! crunch :omg:

If you stick with this hobby, I guarantee at some point in time tip sections will break, guide inserts will crack and reel seats will show up with loose hoods. Lucky for you, Batson Enterprises (Rainshadow's parent company)has the best customer support of ANY business I've ever dealt with.
tonite on one of those Frozen Below AK shows... they was ice fishing, catching nice Pike on wood sticks and string lines... bit on the amazing side... the offGrider and his 2 daughters...

Back in the day, I bought a 58 chevy 4 door sedan that pretty much had NO options on it EXCEPT it had a 348 tri-power under the hood. I bought the car from a guy at works, aunt for 75 bucks! I pulled the motor and put it in my 63 Impala SS, (4 speed) that had a 283 in it when I bought it, but came from the factory with a 409, the 409 has the same block at the 348.

Anyway, I got a ticket one day going 136 in a 55, after drag racing and blowing away a ford torino with a 390 in it, they clocked us with an airplane.

SR
i followed it image by image!! 👍 well, other than the OH plane... :lol:

I try to buy southern or western trucks . My 68 zero rust from New Mexico View attachment 1047964View attachment 1047951
View attachment 1047952

The inner fenders on my 68 zero rust
View attachment 1047948View attachment 1047949
But the cleanest truck I’ve ever bought came out of Michigan but it only had 12k miles on it . Never came out in winter or when there were clouds in the summer
View attachment 1047956View attachment 1047957View attachment 1047958View attachment 1047959View attachment 1047961
12K - definitely a puff!

Latest posts

Back