Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Kodiak Kid how ya doing, lets hear from ya.
Hoooooooo! Its been a long haul and a humbling experience to say the least! Finally starting to feel better. I actually never thought I'd get Covid as I am very active and eat healthy. It actually hit me harder than it did my Squaw. I'm starting to finally feel better though. I was bed ridden for over a week! One night I actually collapsed and hit my head while getting a glass of water. Im only 46. Almost 47. Very humbling! Very humbling! Thankyou everyone fir your concern! I appreciate the friendships I have made on the forum!👍

Cut safe, stay sharp, be aware, and don't get the COVID!!!

Hoooooooo! Its been a long haul and a humbling experience to say the least! Finally starting to feel better. I actually never thought I'd get Covid as I am very active and eat healthy. It actually hit me harder than it did my Squaw. I'm starting to finally feel better though. I was bed ridden for over a week! One night I actually collapsed and hit my head while getting a glass of water. Im only 46. Almost 47. Very humbling! Very humbling! Thankyou everyone fir your concern! I appreciate the friendships I have made on the forum!👍

Good to here from you. Thank you for the update.

These deck boards are 6"X1" White Oak fence boards put up on my friends farm in 1985. Some sections of the fence were older, but most was redone in 85. She has a bunch of Texas Longhorns. The fence boards were 16' with posts every 8'. But when those cows start rubbing their butt's on the fence, sometimes they break boards. My BIL heated his house the first couple years he worked on the farm with with busted fence boards. Then I picked enough off the burn pile to use these. They were all gray. I ran them through the planer enough to get the color I wanted.
XQzGUsv.jpg
Looks to nice to load logs on it. Really beautiful work and craftsmanship.

Glad to hear you're on the mend! I was a bit concerned for you, as I hadn't seen you post in quite some time.

I forgot about the weakness. I was still pedal bike racing back when I got the covid...bit of a brag, but I was like a machine around that time. Anyway when I had the covid, it literally felt like I just finished a 100 mile ride in the mountains, everytime I'd stand up. I fell too...I leaned forward off the couch really quickly, with the anticipation I was going to just jump up. My quads decided to just not work, and I took a header into the floor. :laugh:

Same experience here. Almost syrup thick red urine and the doctor was trying to brush me off saying it only takes a few drops of blood to turn urine red. Told him I have been an EMT for almost 40 years and I know about such things. Wanted me to come in for a urine sample and I said the sample will be no good from too much blood, which it was and still red colored.
That night about 3am I had to pee something fierce but nothing would come out. Off to the emergency room and hours of torture trying to clean my bladder out. ER Doc said it was one of the worst he had seen.
About 3 years before this happened, I noticed a couple tiny brown things coming out with my urine and a slight twinge in the area of my right kidney. That was it, nothing afterwards. Doctor did the normal tests and thought it was a slight kidney infection. I know it wasn't much to go on but I sure wish he would have sent me for a CT scan back then which may have saved my right kidney.
That description is making me cringe and squirm in my seat. None the less a good public service announcement for us all.

For whatever reason, i’ve been scrounging sockets more than anything else lately. Even the elusive 10mm, snap on too. And a cool old mac.

Attachments

• FC3F388F-136B-4E7E-A3BD-1DA46A21BD9D.jpeg
    FC3F388F-136B-4E7E-A3BD-1DA46A21BD9D.jpeg
    738.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 344D4CEE-2A3D-4062-9326-1F41A9ABE0EC.jpeg
    344D4CEE-2A3D-4062-9326-1F41A9ABE0EC.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 7251C6FB-00F3-4575-9001-D437F46D2404.jpeg
    7251C6FB-00F3-4575-9001-D437F46D2404.jpeg
    456.5 KB · Views: 0

I tipped this stick the evening I started feeling poorly. I never did make it back out into the brush to haul the wood out. By the time I got it limbed and a trail brushed out. I started feeling poorly and a bit weak, so I bagged it. It'll be there when I go back. Unless it sprouted wings or leg's and decided to make like a tree and leave? 🤷

I tipped this stick the evening I started feeling poorly. I never did make it back out into to brush to haul the wood out. By the time I got it limbed and a trail brushed out. I started feeling poorly and a bit weak, so I bagged it. It'll be there when I go back. Unless it sprouted wings or leg's and decided to make like a tree and leave? 🤷

Glad your on the mend Kid. It put me in the hospital for 5 days. The falling is attributed to lower oxygen levels or so I was told. Stihl don't seem to have the energy I had before. My one hunting partner was stationed on Kodiak for 7 years when he was in the Coast Guard. He wanted to stay but his wife didn't like having to fly out every couple of weeks for groceries. Fell better buddy.

Good to hear ur on the mend and ur squaw to KK , now get ur arse outside and get ya some . Lol 👍

For some reason I can't quote on my phone recently. Don't know if it's my phone or the website acting up.

Fuel treatments.
I used marine stabil for years. A Briggs tech at an update class said they (at the time) repackaged stabil and sold it, but the marine version had better anti corrosion properties. Not too terribly long ago I switched to PRI-G and PRI-D. Only reason is it claims to be retreatable, and price per ounce is cheaper compared to most other additives. I have a 5gallon can thats been sitting full of regular pump gas for about 4 months now I treated with it. Going to let it sit till the end of summer and see how it looks and runs.

Since starting treating my fuels (years ago) I haven't had any fuel systems issues so I can't say weather it works or I've been lucky. I had ablot of issues before, so I assume it works.
Making the ethonal drop out of e-10 fuel is bad MOJO. Your taking away a major octane component in the fuel. Unless your adding something to the fuel to offset for the losses your better off sourcing e-free fuel.

Kk, glad you and your squaw are feeling better. I've learned it hits us all differently. Round 3 for me was the worst but shortest duration of being sick. My wife has had it so many times she gets a mild headache for a few days and some fatigue.

Wow, that's awesome 👌.
You don't see them everyday, let alone in that condition :numberone:.
I guess I clean up pretty good 👍 I put the vanity plate over the ugly gold plate with magnets
View attachment 1048632
My son and daughter in law used it for the wedding
View attachment 1048633
Car is 100% original . I even have the original BF Goodrich tires . My dad bought it new and has a little under 30k miles
Beautiful car and great pictures.

Haven't been on much lately due to being busy. 24 pages behind on this thread, so I'm not gonna try to catch up.

Went out to fire up my 2005 silverado last week and it wouldn't crank. Tore into it to find the #6 cylinder full of coolant so my best guess was a cracked head. Tore my heart out, but I decided it had served me well for the 8 years I had it and nearly 200,000 miles I put on it (I bought it will 44k, it died at 231k) and I wasn't going to put any money into it.

I bought that truck down in Idaho when the tranny went out on my old one. It was a good deal, although just a 2wd, I just needed a good 3/4 on truck to pull my camper for work. Never figured I would keep it as long as I did, or that it would be the best dang truck I ever owned. 231k on it when I sold it and the only thing I ever did to it was a water pump at about 180k. Tranny was starting to slip a bit, but I worked the ever living out of that truck.

Kid I sold it to drove it home after we pulled the spark plug and drained the coolant out of the cylinder.

Hard to say goodbye to a good truck.

View attachment 1048649
It could have been just a bad head gasket.

Back