Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hoooooooo! Its been a long haul and a humbling experience to say the least! Finally starting to feel better. I actually never thought I'd get Covid as I am very active and eat healthy. It actually hit me harder than it did my Squaw. I'm starting to finally feel better though. I was bed ridden for over a week! One night I actually collapsed and hit my head while getting a glass of water. Im only 46. Almost 47. Very humbling! Very humbling! Thankyou everyone fir your concern! I appreciate the friendships I have made on the forum!👍

Cut safe, stay sharp, be aware, and don't get the COVID!!!
Glad to hear that you both are feeling better. Had it in the very beginning before they even knew what was going on. I got it in L.A. while out there on business in Jan. 2020. It was a pisser of one really bad week.

Well got the doors off without incident . Managed to save the rivet pins . All it needed was some heat from the torch and they popped right out . Now to get the doors into a rust remover bath . So I can take them apart and replace the gaskets around the glass . 8F6B1B91-5B92-4BBB-9717-5A488F1BEC72.jpegCE4D0D17-C39D-4BC8-B206-9E6228499DBA.jpeg

Decided to lite it up to thaw out the inch or so of ice in it . If my son doesn’t want it I’ll just paint it up and use it as a fireplace on my deck
67BB8CBE-0042-4032-B0FF-48D2CB102046.jpeg

I try to buy southern or western trucks . My 68 zero rust from New Mexico View attachment 1047964View attachment 1047951
View attachment 1047952

The inner fenders on my 68 zero rust
View attachment 1047948View attachment 1047949
But the cleanest truck I’ve ever bought came out of Michigan but it only had 12k miles on it . Never came out in winter or when there were clouds in the summer
View attachment 1047956View attachment 1047957View attachment 1047958View attachment 1047959View attachment 1047961
My dream family vehicle!!

These deck boards are 6"X1" White Oak fence boards put up on my friends farm in 1985. Some sections of the fence were older, but most was redone in 85. She has a bunch of Texas Longhorns. The fence boards were 16' with posts every 8'. But when those cows start rubbing their butt's on the fence, sometimes they break boards. My BIL heated his house the first couple years he worked on the farm with with busted fence boards. Then I picked enough off the burn pile to use these. They were all gray. I ran them through the planer enough to get the color I wanted.
XQzGUsv.jpg
I have literally thousands of board feet of white oak . All the 4/4 sheathing, flooring which is 8/4 on my barn is white oak as are all the crips . Must have been plentiful here in the early 19th century . 40 x 37 two floors plus the loft . All the supports are either locust where they contact the ground and a mix of American chestnut and locust for the joists
B5DC3992-3DA2-4DFF-BCD0-82D1D0BC3C55.jpegC16DAF5A-B7AE-4EDB-8B3F-5AB11460AAD8.jpegC1F7EEC2-C084-4EE6-B571-9AE0DCD64BF8.jpegC8B93609-D639-4D64-B225-6DCBD0821F9B.jpeg BD17AFE7-F255-4C56-922F-D89DBF080C20.jpeg31BA7DE4-84EA-4E42-A7E9-4E5083DCA85A.jpeg

Attachments

• 8C5D2F7C-8391-4D12-BC83-89D5A8C848D0.jpeg
    8C5D2F7C-8391-4D12-BC83-89D5A8C848D0.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
Good to hear ur on the mend and ur squaw to KK , now get ur arse outside and get ya some . Lol 👍
Good to hear ur on the mend and ur squaw to KK , now get ur arse outside and get ya some . Lol 👍
Yeah, its blowing and raining here today. Plus I STIHL don't feel 100%. Its probably going to be a few more days until I feel up to getting back on a saw lol! All in due time I Reckon. 👍

Yeah, its blowing and raining here today. Plus I STIHL don't feel 100%. Its probably going to be a few more days until I feel up to getting back on a saw lol! All in due time I Reckon. 👍
Yup , listen to ur body it’ll tell what you want to know.

Why did someone stihl urs?
🤣Always thought they looked pretty rad! I have a blown up 066 I want to turn into a racer some day. ☠️ Only problem is. 🤔 I don't know where to start? 🤷 Never built up a saw before! Im assuming those head pipes are a custom fit, no? I'll probably be hitting up Sierra R fir info on that can of worms! Ha ha!

I have literally thousands of board feet of white oak . All the 4/4 sheathing, flooring which is 8/4 on my barn is white oak as are all the crips . Must have been plentiful here in the early 19th century . 40 x 37 two floors plus the loft . All the supports are either locust where they contact the ground and a mix of American chestnut and locust for the joists
View attachment 1048858View attachment 1048860View attachment 1048862View attachment 1048856 View attachment 1048857View attachment 1048859
looks similar to the lower level of my in-laws barn, but his beams are beech, white ash and elm and in nowhere near as good of shape as yours.

Well got the doors off without incident . Managed to save the rivet pins . All it needed was some heat from the torch and they popped right out . Now to get the doors into a rust remover bath . So I can take them apart and replace the gaskets around the glass . View attachment 1048832View attachment 1048833

Decided to lite it up to thaw out the inch or so of ice in it . If my son doesn’t want it I’ll just paint it up and use it as a fireplace on my deck
View attachment 1048831
What do you do with the peanut oil?

Same experience here. Almost syrup thick red urine and the doctor was trying to brush me off saying it only takes a few drops of blood to turn urine red. Told him I have been an EMT for almost 40 years and I know about such things. Wanted me to come in for a urine sample and I said the sample will be no good from too much blood, which it was and still red colored.
That night about 3am I had to pee something fierce but nothing would come out. Off to the emergency room and hours of torture trying to clean my bladder out. ER Doc said it was one of the worst he had seen.
About 3 years before this happened, I noticed a couple tiny brown things coming out with my urine and a slight twinge in the area of my right kidney. That was it, nothing afterwards. Doctor did the normal tests and thought it was a slight kidney infection. I know it wasn't much to go on but I sure wish he would have sent me for a CT scan back then which may have saved my right kidney.
i can't even imagine.... :omg:
sounds tenderly painful...

I have run e-free fuel that I have treated with Stabil and Marval Mystery oil after 3 years and it still runs fine in my small engines.
i run med grade pump gas w/Stihl oil for fuel modding... seems to hold up well and let my saws run well, too.

I tipped this stick the evening I started feeling poorly. I never did make it back out into the brush to haul the wood out. By the time I got it limbed and a trail brushed out. I started feeling poorly and a bit weak, so I bagged it. It'll be there when I go back. Unless it sprouted wings or leg's and decided to make like a tree and leave? 🤷

Don’t ya love the way snags self limb when they hit the ground? 🤣

Wow, that's awesome 👌.
You don't see them everyday, let alone in that condition :numberone:.
always special, well imo... to see a very low mileage original car. especailly a puff well taken care of. one of best i ever saw was a 57 chev, 4-door.... 7,000 original miles on it! like a time machine.... i got to spend a few minutes in it. 👍

1673809850238.png

Latest posts

Back