Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm curious how kk gonna to tow the war wagonšŸ¤”
Grab the tong with the grapple šŸ˜‰

Friend of mine has a cat 272D, heā€™s used it to unload full size log trucks, pretty impressive. Rated at 3200 lbs, 6400 lb lift is tipping point, the number that mattersšŸ˜. (Itā€™s actually for salešŸ˜‰)

Friend of mine has a cat 272D, heā€™s used it to unload full size log trucks, pretty impressive. Rated at 3200 lbs, 6400 lb lift is tipping point, the number that mattersšŸ˜. (Itā€™s actually for salešŸ˜‰)
He's gonna need a bigger dump trailer, and probably a bigger truck than a 1 ton :laugh: .

Okay guys, need help identifying this pine/spruce. I know there's lodgepole pine, is this cellpole pine :laughing:.
View attachment 1050045
1 out of 5 stars for your joke...

Those things look so bad, I think a regular ol' tower is less ugly than the fake tree towers. Unfortunately, they only put up the fake tree towers around here.

Those things look so bad, I think a regular ol' tower is less ugly than the fake tree towers. Unfortunately, they only put up the fake tree towers around here.
I like the pole, they left it bare and now it's all rusted. I like rusted roofs too lol.
As for the look of the whole thing, I think this one looks relatively good all things considered. But if we could get rid of all of them that would be nice, unfortunately that would probably mean we are the towers :oops: .

I like the pole, they left it bare and now it's all rusted. I like rusted roofs too lol.
As for the look of the whole thing, I think this one looks relatively good all things considered. But if we could get rid of all of them that would be nice, unfortunately that would probably mean we are the towers :oops: .

I'd be down with either one if it was closer to my house. As it stands right now, one of the only only cell towers in what we call the "upcountry" area of the county, is about 3-4 miles away from me as the crow flies. That'd be fine for most areas, but I guess between tree cover and terrain, it leaves spottycoverage at best. I couldn't even reliably call/text from my house until I finally got a phone that could use the wifi for that. The area I live in is very sparsely populated, so no real incentive for any more towers.

šŸ¤·Well gentleman, I think Im going to move forward on the S175 deal!šŸ‘

Ha ha! You see how fast he loaded those sticks??? Ha ha! Those weren't exactly small sticks either.
šŸ¤” I wonder if they were heavier hard woods, or conifer? Looked like hard wood to me, but Im not certain. šŸ¤·

However, I am certain that everyone should have one of these things and I mean

image.gif

Compared to a decent sized tractor, I wouldn't own another, ANY BRAND skid steer.

A tractor is just so much more versatile!

SR
Tractors are definitely nice and a three point hitch and PTO are a nice addition. Unfortunately, no high flow hydraulics on a hobby farm tractor for operating implements that require a lot of oil flow volume. As far as versatile thats a matter of opinion. There are well over 100 implement attachments fir a Skid Steer.
Tractor pros.
Three point hitch, PTO, Smother ride, more clearance, better trailer towing and log skiding capabilities and easier to work on as far as access to the machine.
Skid steer pros.
More efficient at specific jobs, way faster and more maneuverability than a tractor, more lifting power per hp vs a tractor, and higher lift capabilities than a tractor.
Of course this all depends on the model tractor and model skid steer, but when you compare the two of equal hp. a skid steer has more hydraulics from what I've read, and I love me some good powerful hydraulics! Especially since I plan on doing a lot of lifting and loading.
In a perfect world it would be nice to have both!šŸ‘ If I had a farm and cut my own hay. Well of course a Tractor. Fir what Im doing. The Skid Steer is going to shine over a tractor, but "hay". šŸ¤·To each his own right!šŸ˜‰

I got rid of a skid and bought my loader tractor, it's been a HUGE improvement!

How do you tow a loaded trailer, or skid logs a half mile out of the woods, or skidding them home. I can go through deep mud or snow towing that load, a skid would be stuck there. My tractor has a bigger bucket and lifts more, rides better is easier to work on and uses less fuel. The list goes on and on and on....

I don't use my loader tractor to plow fields with, but I DO use it with a "skidding winch" on it, and it works great for that! A tractor is FAR better for logging saw logs or for firewood collection!

SR
šŸ¤”You don't say? šŸ˜‚ Oh I'd just love to go head to head, each of us logging an acer of downed timber bucked into saw logs! A high track skid steer with a skidding grapple vs your tractor! Both the same horse power. Logged, "OVERLOADED" on a trailer, hauled on down the line and back fir another "OVERLOAD!" Until the acer's done been Logged! It be nice to see just witch is a faster, better, and more efficient machine fir logging. Bets could be made until the books were closed! Even money!šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£

šŸ¤”For sale? Can you get me pictures of it?

šŸ˜
Probably little small for Kodiak

That's bad a**! That skidding grapple is a game changer if one is going to log with a skid steer! Unfortunately a machine like that is out of my price range. At least fir now! Id rather have a set of log tongs on the front though I don't think that feller head is big enough fir the wood Im dealing with.šŸ¤£ Besides, I prefer to do my own cut'n šŸ˜‰

Latest posts

Back