Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For smoking, yea, but what about bbq? I've never used anything but bone dry wood for bbq.
i guess everyone has their preferred way. i just burn down the wood to hot coals. oak usually. but i got plenty of
pecan and mesquite, too.
P1010032.JPG

Finally got some pics for you guys. Iā€™ve been up here in the mountains without internet for ten days now, we drove to this place with internet. We got this load more than a week ago. Forgot the bar and chain oil, thatā€™s why itā€™s not full. We used a snatch block across the road, and pulled it to where we could work on it. Weā€™ve had a few rainstorms since coming up, itā€™s kept the dust down, and it has been cooler.

862E4531-CF02-4FBF-B90C-BD71E1D80FEF.jpeg
D23B60B3-246C-48BD-8B97-3E5A6BA6CBEA.jpeg
D1AB5E16-732F-4ADA-A094-EB9C36557B56.jpeg

Finally got some pics for you guys. Iā€™ve been up here in the mountains without internet for ten days now, we drove to this place with internet. We got this load more than a week ago. Forgot the bar and chain oil, thatā€™s why itā€™s not full. We used a snatch block across the road, and pulled it to where we could work on it. Weā€™ve had a few rainstorms since coming up, itā€™s kept the dust down, and it has been cooler.

View attachment 1091262
View attachment 1091263
View attachment 1091264
What is it with this forum and dudes with BAD A$$ trucks!!!!!

NICE MAN!!!

View attachment 1091262
View attachment 1091263
View attachment 1091264
So ur sayin u used ur snatch block with ur binder?

That could come in real handy.
Neat you can power it right off the tractor.
I've been wanting a smaller/light gas pole saw that doesn't extend, hoping for a nice echo to come up on craigslist for cheap. I have the stihl HT101, which I'm pretty sure they make fixed length version of, it's been great; although it started acting up last weekend. I'm hoping it's just the linkage to the carb, seems like it as it wouldn't come down off a higher rpm last weekend, but worked flawlessly yesterday.
A friend wanted me to get rid of her dads hydraulic pole saws and clips. Came off one of his bucket trucks. I thought about it and was told there were issues trying to run them off the tractor, But looks like Jim has it working. I think I was told my Massey 135 didnā€™t have the volume to spin up the power pruner head. After I picked one up I never wanted to use something that heavy all day on a commercial basis. If you want Iā€™ll see if they still have. Her husband is going Tuna fishing with us this weekend. Iā€™m sure they will let them go cheap.

Ok, which one of you is this guy?

GOVERNMENT INVESTIGATES RANCHER.

The Montana Department of Employment, Division of Labor Standards claimed a small rancher was not paying proper wages to his help and sent an agent out to investigate him.
GOV'T AGENT: "I need a list of your employees and how much you pay them."
RANCHER: "Well, there's my hired hand who's been with me for 3 years. I pay him $200 a week plus free room and board.
Then there's the mentally challenged guy. He works about 18 hours every day and does about 90% of all the work around here. He makes about $10 per week, pays his own room and board, and I buy him a bottle of bourbon every Saturday night so he can cope with life. He also sleeps with my wife occasionally."
GOV'T AGENT: "That's the guy I want to talk to - the mentally challenged one."
RANCHER: "That would be me."

Using the forks and ICB tote is a good idea. I didnā€™t think Iā€™d want to use it walking behind the tractor.
I think the much shorter length of the stick saw versus the long pole saw makes a big difference. I don't feel it pulling on my back. The hoses might help with that too. If I need to get higher up I'll put my forks on the tractor with an IBC tote as a bucket and have my daughter drive me around and lift me up. I installed front remotes on my tractor. I have two hoses running to one of my rear remotes. It was around 1/4 the cost to do it this way versus putting in a joystick control.

Nothing like waiting until fatherā€™s day morning to tell the wife about the maul you have been eyeballing!! Happy fathers day to me!! Will be here tomorrow šŸ˜‚

https://www.amazon.com/Estwing-Spli...2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9waG9uZV9zZWFyY2hfYXRm&psc=1

Happy Fatherā€™s Day guys.

Hope you have a good time with your family
If I told my wife I was eyeballing a maul, she would use it as just cause to have me committed. 10-15 years ago when scrap went ski hi I took ever maul and wedge we had and cashed them in at the scrap yard.

Back