Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been working on split/pile of all the Horse Chestnut, Poplar, etc. Just finished. Now to get set up for the fall winter when I can't get out to the willow clearance. Have somewhere around 8-9 cords to split/pile.

Heating Plumbing outfit due here this afternoon to replace the gaskets on the wood stove. That thing goes back to the days of the first 'air tights' It has digested well over a hundred or two cords of wood.

The umpires don't seem to have a clue about the rules sometimes either :rare2: .

My team - Melbourne - got rolled in the semi finals in the last minute of the game. Brisbane Lions vs Collingwood Magpies in the grand final. I'm going for Brisbane, Collingwood is the team that everyone except Collingwood supporters hate. And their supporters are the worst - complete ferals with barely a full set of teeth between them.
Typical Melbourne BS!

A much better action video of the Peerless chainsaw chain sharpener in action. This has a solenoid activated clamping system.
That's sweet.
Looks like your wheel needs to be dressed differently and or the depth of the cut needs to be raised. When it's correct you should have a nice hook, not a straight line on the side plate.

Not “this” subject again! :surprised3: :crazy2:
Might take a while until it comes up again, but I'll let you know. Most likely it will since I don't plan on selling all my stihls right away, especially that little ripper(the ms200 rearhandle), or the ms201 rear handle, or the ported 241, or the ported 261, or the MM 462, or the pole saw ;).

Some people can figure out flippy caps, some cant!!!
Watch it, I resemble both sides of that remark lol.
The other day I snapped this picture, it's a bunch of mostly decent sized ash trees in a field down in Ohio. I usuhead thru the other direction and can't get a good picture of them. Lots of the smaller trees that made it in that area the tornado hit were also ash. Good they seem to be making a great comeback.
20230920_172329.jpg

Sent my buddy off with another load of wood tonight.
He really needs to get some new leaf springs and the axle flipped to the bottom side of the new springs.
He still has quite a bit to haul out yet, it takes a while at a face cord to a half a cord at a time lol.
He's new to cutting/burning so I'm trying to help get him off to a good start. He's already got enough seasoned wood for this winter, and the pile here will get him close to set for next year. He's also got a husky, so he should be all set for saws :happy: .
20230925_191543.jpg

Latest posts

Back