Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Used the tractor to move one of the sleds from the barn up to the shop so that I could work on it on a concrete floor with better lighting. Broke the starter rope at the tail end of last Winter. So, I had to pull the recoil to put a new starter rope on it. Man, what a PITA. One of those days where you need a 10 year old boy so that he could remove it for you because he'd have those little hands to fit in there!

10-22.jpg

10-22-5.jpg

10-22-6.jpg

10-22-9.jpg10-22-2.jpg

Used the tractor to move one of the sleds from the barn up to the shop so that I could work on it on a concrete floor with better lighting. Broke the starter rope at the tail end of last Winter. So, I had to pull the recoil to put a new starter rope on it. Man, what a PITA. One of those days where you need a 10 year old boy so that he could remove it for you because he'd have those little hands to fit in there!

View attachment 1121964

View attachment 1121966

View attachment 1121967

View attachment 1121968View attachment 1121965
At least you didn't have to put the sled on a dolly to move it lol.
Are those special forks.
Looks like a fun ride, at least til the recoil rope breaks :oops:.

At least you didn't have to put the sled on a dolly to move it lol.
Are those special forks.
Looks like a fun ride, at least til the recoil rope breaks :oops:.
They're cheapo Amazon 84" fork extensions. I'm sure they're Chineseium for the 125.00 or so that I spent on them, but they're good enough for the stuff that I do. They're strong enough to support a full 330 gallon IBC of stacked hardwood way out on the tips, so that I can push them all the way back into my woodshed.

The sled is a fast old sled. I just got it about two years ago, because I'd always wanted that sled when I was younger, but either didn't have the money to spend on it, or wasn't willing to spend the money at the time. I just ride it once in a while now. My regular sled has electric start, which is way easier on these old torn rotator cuffs LOL.

Splitting apple, cherry, and box elder chunks today.
View attachment 1121933
To the woodstacks.
View attachment 1121934View attachment 1121936View attachment 1121937
To the firepit.
View attachment 1121935
And lots of yard cleanup (not pictured.) Breaking to grill brats for dinner, then maybe a bit more if there is light.
endless pine needles for some, endless firewood making for others...

i :heart: all the swell pix, and admire all those making firewood to stay warm this winter. but, i do not envy anybody! :muscle:

'good job, H-R!' never seen anyone get so much moved with a single wheel wb as you do!

Back