Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've done that in the past with the carcass, but when used in soup, etc. it's too greasy for my stomach to handle. I've even chilled and scraped off the top grease. Now I use 50/50 turkey stock and store bought broth.
Yeah, there ends up being a lot of grease from a turkey versus a Chicken. I’ll scrape that stuff off and make soup in a couple of days.

With the lack of newspapers being purchased, and the very skimpy papers that are, you'd be hard pressed to find enough to keep a fire going all winter. I supply newspapers to several people for use as fire starters... they aren't broadsheets either, they are tabloid size. If it wasn't for that use I'd have gone full digital on that paper as I have on the two others to which I subscribe.
A coworker of mine subscribes to the local paper; brings them into work to share. I take them home as firestarters and also run some through our commercial paper shredder to make some great mulch for the garden. Otherwise they'd be going into the landfill.

Latest posts

Back