Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Backyard Lumberjack
Spuds fry way faster too. When pre boiled or baked. 👍Trust me, I get it.😉
tuff decision coming up. right soon! make some more eggs. mite could do ham. :heart: fried ham n eggs, with spuds. or, reheat some stew.

stewing on it all...

in meantime, getting hungrier!

much more delay, and it will be right on up there and time for H-H!!
:givebeer:

Kodiak Kid

Kodiak Kid

Idiot with a "power saw"
tuff decision coming up. right soon! make some more eggs. mite could do ham. :heart: fried ham n eggs, with spuds. or, reheat some stew.

stewing on it all...

in meantime, getting hungrier!

much more delay, and it will be right on up there and time for H-H!!
:givebeer:
I'm not sure on either ham and eggs or stew? That's a tough call. If it was Bacon 🥓 I'd say Bacon 💯! Always Bacon. Everyone loves Bacon! Even if they don't, they do love Bacon. Even vegetarians love Bacon. Every last vegetarian will tell you the don't, but every last one of them loves Bacon!

Everyone in the universe knows that!
Because everyone in the Universe loves Bacon!!

farmer steve

farmer steve

outstanding in my field, 5150
. AS Supporting Member.
Nice to see more of you boys showing the food you scrounge and the cooking pots and pans. Keep em coming cast iron preferred by me. Please don't take that as a slight those of you that post other types of cookware. At ease, carry on, smoke em if you got em.
Last stuff before the big freeze scrounged out of the garden. Had some sprouts last night. 😋 No cast iron pics.

Attachments

• 20240114_155445.jpg
    20240114_155445.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
pdqdl

pdqdl

Old enough to know better.
. AS Supporting Member.
That jingle's getting political now 🤣

Political?

dog-ears-orelles-gos.gif

Please explain. Try to remember my social handicaps!

kanga kuta

kanga kuta

ArboristSite Lurker
Looks like Stringy B. or Stringy X ?

G'day fellers,

I went back out to Will's today to pick up wood that I cut on Sunday. Splitting and loading only, hopefully I'll do more cutting this weekend. It is a bit daunting splitting rounds like this but it wasn't too bad.

View attachment 1144899

Here's one for the wildlife enthusiasts

View attachment 1144900

Got the ute and trailer loaded, I'll split them down a bit more after I unload another day.

View attachment 1144901

View attachment 1144903

Scrounge on :rock:

djg james

djg james

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
My Stilh 038 started acting up recently that I posted about earlier. I'll be starting a O38 thread in the Chainsaw section. I'll explain more over there. Similar to BadgerClaw's thread: https://www.arboristsite.com/threads/ms-192-tc-weird-stalling-after-running.371756/
Not exactly, but I'm trying a few things mentioned there.

In the meantime, I have the Stihl 046 I purchased a while ago that has scoring on the piston but runs well. I haven't gotten up the nerve to tear into it. I wouldn't call myself a chainsaw repairman. I ran into some Cherry today that I would like to cut up tomorrow. Probably only an hour of total saw run time. If I make 5 or 6 cuts with the 046 and then let it cool down before resuming. Would it do much more damage? Log are 16" max dia. and will probably be pushed onto the burn pile soon.
Might even cut into 32" lengths and load those to save on saw time. I'll also work on the 038.

H-Ranch

H-Ranch

Is there an ECHO in here?
. AS Supporting Member.
That's awesome, don't see too many garages with wood floors anymore.
Did that about 40 years ago . Made a grid with 4x4s to screw the plywood to filled the voids with item 4 tamped and put plastic down then the plywood . It’s been great haven’t had to replace any of the sheets.
Main reason it keeps the tax man at bay . Pole barn without a permanent floor
Funny, I was just looking at another forum earlier tonight, particularly admiring this shop (again):
Screenshot_20240117_180556_Samsung Internet.jpg
Lots of cool shops with all the latest high dollar doodads and double whiz bang, triple throw down stuff, but NONE with the character of this one. Including the wood floor. :bowdown:

Latest posts