Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I only have to go about 80' luckily. My wood pile is in the back down an incline, with the snow wheelbarrowing is not an option anymore
Sorry for the criticism. I thought you were out on the road. Should have know you have more sense than that based on your previous posts and not done something that belonged in the WTF thread :laugh: .

I previously replaced the oil pump on my MS 170 and it worked for a while, but then stopped. I had an old sprocket/bar/chain on it that needed replacing. So, I continued using it without oil to cut roots and stumps of saplings out of the ground so I can mow over. Now I'm changing the oil pump/sprocket/B&C. I have new everything except the pump. I normally just order a $10 kit off of ebay. Is there a better source?

Also, the spark plug on my Stihl 038 was a Bosch R10. Not original, but was replaced by someone else. Better choice?

......People actually eat spam?.....I thought that stuff was dog food......barf.....👎
Truth be told I am not a huge fan of the traditional spam unless it is mixed into/cooked into something. I have actually had some that tasted....fishy.

The hickory smoked spam and bacon spam are very good.

I have done stir fry with both the hickory and spicy versions of spam. It was quite good. If you can get a good sear on the spam cubes/slices, it improves the consistency.

Truth be told I am not a huge fan of the traditional spam unless it is mixed into/cooked into something. I have actually had some that tasted....fishy.

The hickory smoked spam and bacon spam are very good.

I have done stir fry with both the hickory and spicy versions of spam. It was quite good. If you can get a good sear on the spam cubes/slices, it improves the consistency.
......yeah, but what's it made outta... 🤨

Lol.

We were dirt broke poor when I was a kid living with my grandparents, so things like processed meats/foods wasn't something we could afford real often. Stuff like spam, velveta and tuna fish were a real treat for us. Don't eat spam real often, but I love it to this day.

In a pinch a paper match book cover will get u by. May or may not have done that when I was 10 years old on my Lawnboy plug.
When I was younger, my thumb nail was exactly 25 thou, and that's how I set the plugs in small engines.

I have no idea what it is these days...

SR

Looking for a local store to get a new spark plug for my Stihl 038.

Someone put in a Bosch WSR6F. Which internet says is equivalent to Champion RCJ6Y and NGK BPMR6A.
BUT
Stihl parts list cites the same Bosch and Champion numbers but calls for a NGK BPMR7A Plug.

Anyone know which is correct: the NGK BPMR6A (Gap 0.020") (Gap 0.020") or NGK BPMR7A (Gap 0.028") plug?

Someone here said 0.020" gap is correct for a Stihl 038 which means the NGK BPMR6A (un-re Gapped 0.020").

Or regap the NGK BPMR7A to 0.020".

Looking for a local store to get a new spark plug for my Stihl 038.

Someone put in a Bosch WSR6F which is equivalent to Champion RCJ6Y and NGK BPMR6A.
BUT
Stihl parts list cites the same Bosch and Champion numbers but calls for a NGK BPMR7A Plug.

Anyone know which is correct: the NGK 6 or 7 plug?
Either will work just one heat range different, 7 is the colder plug. I keep a few bpmr6a in my tool box. Kinda one of those universal small engine plugs thats handy to have around.

We were dirt broke poor when I was a kid living with my grandparents, so things like processed meats/foods wasn't something we could afford real often. Stuff like spam, velveta and tuna fish were a real treat for us. Don't eat spam real often, but I love it to this day.
When I was a kid about 12, I'd get up early and walk to the next house up the road, about a quarter mile away. They had a bunch of kids and one was one my age, and while their fat, lazy assed mother sit watching tv, the kids got up, dressed themselves and made their own school lunches. They were pore-er than us, but they had potted meat and I thought they were luckiest kids in the world!

There's no way we could afford potted meat!! lol

SR

Latest posts

Back