Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
👍

I'd take a Toyota over either of the euro rides.
Very true! People are surprised when they buy an "affordable" older European car and it takes 5k dollars to fix all the oil leaks and suspension problems. When our customers ask we recommend Toyotas and Hondas for imports and GMs and Fords for domestic. Obviously depends on the models they're looking at.

Kinda reminds me of husky (top) vs stihl (bottom).😉

I know them's fightin' words....but it's the truth.

We've put a few kit saws together and the 372s are way simpler than the 361s or 660s we've done.
Not that stihls don't make sawdust every bit as well as huskies, but they are simply not as easy to wrench on.

I'll go for you...... I know how busy you are!!!!
If I remember correctly, his previous boss killed each saw in a different way, not one runs…

I loaned him my 362xp with the China big bore kit, somehow, that cheap kit ran over 10 years for me making firewood. It comes back from him cooked. I think this pile of carcasses is his olive branch..

Well tonight I decided to tinker a little, got my old 266 running again, took the parts off the 362xp to resurrect a 371xp (coil and clutch parts). And even played with my new to me 562xp

I think the saw bug has bit me again, I’ll put the guns away for a little and finish getting my fleet up and running again. Next up on the bench will the 262xp followed by the closed port 55

The 55 will need the most love as it needs new crank seals. Not sure if anyone remembers, that little 3cube beast once quite sporty. The closed port is much more impressive than an open port version!

Kinda reminds me of husky (top) vs stihl (bottom).😉

I know them's fightin' words....but it's the truth.

We've put a few kit saws together and the 372s are way simpler than the 361s or 660s we've done.
Not that stihls don't make sawdust every bit as well as huskies, but they are simply not as easy to wrench on.
I've only owned one Husky, a 254xp. It was the first saw that I split and rebuilt. I agree, compared to my 026 from the same era it was much simpler to work on. How are the modern(562,572) Huskys compared to the Stihls? I imagine they're a little more complicated to work on.

Back