Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpeg View attachment 461714 View attachment 461714 View attachment 461714 image.jpeg Hello fellow scroungers I've been rather busy of late it's serious scrounging here end Spring start of summer almost
Have had lots of scrounges
Some of the pictures I am putting up I'm unsure of the wood.?
I'm sure you guys will have answers to the type of wood names etc etc
The first picture I'm sure is of something from the oak family looking at the leaf.
But bring a hardwood I'm sure it's going to burn real good once seasoned.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

I've already spoke with 3 or 4 people that are giving it up this year too, not seeing anything.
I gotta tell ya, the numbers are really down, I don't believe any of them dam DNR statistics, the last 5 years deer have just been slaughtered here in Indiana. I drive to work to Mt Carmel, about 15 miles from me I leave for work at 6 and come home at 1900 , prime times for seeing em, I used to see what I would call herds of them....20 or more. I drive all thru the river bottoms to work, I'm explaining this cause I want you to know this is prime area for deer and they just aren't here, and haven't been for the last 3 years. The last 2 weeks driving to work, I may have seen 10 deer, where as I usually would've already seen a hundred or more.

They are slayin' them just Northwest of you,,on the back side of haspin acres, off little Duck Creek road. Hope they migrate down toward your neighborhood before the season is out.

Well I am back home now after a tough week of deer hunting. The weather never cooperated it was down pouring, or 50 mph winds, or high winds with white out conditions. The only semi nice hunting days were monday and saturday morning. Out of 5 hunters the last saturday-saturday of archery season at our cabin we had zero shots and only one or two marginal opportunities with no shots fired. Last year we had the same number of guys and we had 3 deer down, one hit and lost and one miss by the end of the week. Ohh well that's why they call it hunting not killing. Time to get ready for rifle season. Its been several years since I had all of my tags come rifle so this should be interesting. I just hope I am not surrounded by sub-legal bucks. Also the little does need to look out now, I am a little less picky than what I was last week. I have 6.5 hunting days planned for the 12 day PA rifle season. Lets hope I can make something happen.

I scrounged up a nice couple of pickup loads this weekend at home on the farm.

Sorry, no pictures, but a funny story.

On Saturday, I drove out to the back fields, and couldn't cut in my #1 choice of spots because my brother was bowhunting just downhill from there. I pulled into my #2 choice cutting spot, and there were 2 bucks and 6-8 does in the turnip/kale food plot. I tried to send them in my brother's general direction, and then proceeded to buck up a nice pickup load of maple and cherry.

When my brother came out of the woods at 3:00, he hadn't seen a deer all day. He wasn't happy when I informed him that I had seen several in the food plot, considering he was cold and wet at that point in time. ;)

I scrounged up a nice couple of pickup loads this weekend at home on the farm.

Sorry, no pictures, but a funny story.

On Saturday, I drove out to the back fields, and couldn't cut in my #1 choice of spots because my brother was bowhunting just downhill from there. I pulled into my #2 choice cutting spot, and there were 2 bucks and 6-8 does in the turnip/kale food plot. I tried to send them in my brother's general direction, and then proceeded to buck up a nice pickup load of maple and cherry.

When my brother came out of the woods at 3:00, he hadn't seen a deer all day. He wasn't happy when I informed him that I had seen several in the food plot, considering he was cold and wet at that point in time. ;)
Murphy's law of hunting.

went down to the one farmers place to cut today. pulled in with the tractor and fired up a saw to cut an ash top that had broken off. got that done and then drug out a cherry tree and cut that up. moved up along the edge of the field about 50 yards to pull out 2 ash trees that had blown over last year and i had cut the root balls off. jumped off the tractor and started hooking up the chain. as soon as i rattled the chain a big doe jumped up from in between the 2 ash trees. she watched me saw for a 1/2 hour till i got within 25 yards of her. :crazy2: pics later of the wood.:)

image.jpg I know this aint exactly the kitchen gadget forum, but Mrs. Nazi recently picked up this gizmo from Tupperware. This thing has a recoil on it and the blades chop as you pull it over. Made me think of a chainsaw and it tickled me. Just thought I'd share it with you guys.

@mt.stalker how close are you to my Uncles Hunting cabin?
@MustangMike whats this my pops is getting another saw?? The damn stihls are out reproducing the Husqvarnas in our family.
:happybanana::happybanana::happybanana::happybanana:

guys notice I only Capital letter the saw that counts.......
:crazy2: :cry: :crazy2: ^^^^^^^^^^ STIHL ORANGE:rock::rock2:

Latest posts

Back