Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scrounged up first good waterfall of the season from the lake overflow. Removed the rock and woosh! hahaha! wish I could be down here when the first blast comes roaring down with all the leaves and sticks, etc. Down in the year round creek only lost one barricade panel from the monsoon yesterday, obviously some floating log took it out. I make it this way so the individual panels will break away easy and not lose the whole thing. Only two inches of rain, more than that in one rainfall and all this is a lake, underwater. makes a mess...

Attachments

• IMG_20151119_100244.jpg
    IMG_20151119_100244.jpg
    805.2 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_20151119_100858.jpg
    IMG_20151119_100858.jpg
    908.9 KB · Views: 41
Lol quite the peanut gallery in here!

Marshy, the problem with this project was the wire had to be fished "up" and the wire kept falling back behind the shower surround as there was no wall behind the studs. Would have been a quick project otherwise.

I actually got both the new receptacle and the new cable box both level and even. Only scuffed the paint right next to the old receptacle when I was hooking up the wires which is an easy fix.

The sticks are great but you could also have used a bit of string with a weight since you were going down. Then used that to pull the wire up. I was an electrician in a former life.

The sticks are great but you could also have used a bit of string with a weight since you were going down. Then used that to pull the wire up. I was an electrician in a former life.
But I was going up. I was fishing it through a 1/2 inch hole on the bottom and once I got within a foot of the top hole I could reach my arm in the wall and pull it through. Am I missing something that could have made it easier?

Well good news.

I have to pay the first 1650, and gm will pick up the rest. Bad news is it will not be done to take on vacation for thanksgiving.
You gotta wonder if they shoot out that crazy price on purpose. I mean I do it with my wife. Her "How much money do you need for that bar and chain you need?"
Me "$380!"
Her "$380!!!! That's insane! Why is it so much?"
Me "just kidding, I only need $85"
Her "oh thank god!" (Hands me money)
Keeps her from kibitzing about the $85. Lol.
Bet the dealer did you like that on your truck..

No worries @svk , took me a few months to hang pictures up for my wife and it just needed a few nails. I was finally tired of yelling "pictures!?, pictures!? You're worried about PICTURES when we don't have a liner, basement and crawlspace isn't insulated, there's a cord of firewood that needs to be split, ...."

I might have used indoor conduit to get the job done in a day or two instead of 15 months. I am not showing my wife that picture she already wants me to build furniture and mount the tv to the wall. I dont think she understands that I didn't take shop class in HS and I am so so at finish work. So everything I learned has been the hard way or from friends and youtube.
...called wire moulding.

Tell ya what, go to your local hardware store and get an electrical wire fishing pole. They are thin flexible fibreglass rods to help you fish wire through walls. I just bought one recently to help with some 10 gauge I was installing for my air compressor and it was so easy. IIRC the small kit has 4 three foot sections and its like $15.
...or spend a little more and make a one-time purchase for a fish tape. I've got a couple from doing residential/commercial wiring many years ago...they're worth their weight in gold when you need one, whether pulling/fishing wire 10' or 200'.

...or spend a little more and make a one-time purchase for a fish tape. I've got a couple from doing residential/commercial wiring many years ago...they're worth their weight in gold when you need one, whether pulling/fishing wire 10' or 200'.
The tapes start at $50 vs a 8-10 ft high flex pole for $15... I couldn't justify the cost of the tape personally but I could if I was doing a lot of wiring.

You gotta wonder if they shoot out that crazy price on purpose. I mean I do it with my wife. Her "How much money do you need for that bar and chain you need?"
Me "$380!"
Her "$380!!!! That's insane! Why is it so much?"
Me "just kidding, I only need $85"
Her "oh thank god!" (Hands me money)
Keeps her from kibitzing about the $85. Lol.
Bet the dealer did you like that on your truck..
That could be for the rebuild, because I don't know how much GM is paying. However I had a firm price on the new tranny that was going to go in.

de23b86d78761cb53fc32012b8db67b2.jpg

I'm out in MT for work. What a view from my hotel.

Latest posts

Back