Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
8557076b244e35b93eaadead985568c0.jpg

dc53241d330ae2041c852985a6bf8a25.jpg

Not sure if it counts as a scrounge as I got paid to cut it down, but I have a few loads in this week!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a nice truck, could of fit some more in there.

Thanks! '99 Nissan Frontier with an add-a-leaf in the back for a bit more capacity. I certainly could, but I had to drive through town so I didn't want it loaded too tall. If I could just remember to bring the bed extender I could fit a whole extra row.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMG_0095.JPG

A little pallet scrounge today. Sixteen in all. Will be used to stack my wood on this winter.

On another note. If you look at the front left corner of my hood and follow it up, you see a great big giant, two-trunked, dead white oak. It's in my neighbor's yard, and there are four more just like it that have been dead since 2012 or 2013. He's not a very sociable fella. It makes me insane to look at all that wood going to waste. No clue why he doesn't have them taken down before they fall into his house. He has a beautiful log home over there. If he'd have them dropped, I'd be happy to clean them up provided they aren't too punky. The big two--trunked one would come down very easily, but the other four are between his house and the power lines. No way that I'd touch them even if he'd let me.

2 more truck loads out of the scrounge site. 1 load oak, 1 load beech. Have a large oak, and Beech to take down tomorrow. It will be a late start so I doubt I'll get any home tomorrow. Hopefully next weekend I can finish up.

Attachments

• 20151121_143020.jpg
    20151121_143020.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 23
25 degrees and splitting some dry straight grain bur oak in a flannel makes for a very nice afternoon. This was a dead leaner oak that had been there for nearly 6 yrs and it's ready to go. The Fiskars made easy work of this and is the ideal tool for this type of wood. 20151121_153416.jpg

We got dusted yesterday morning, but it melted once the clouds went away. Got a couple more cord stacked up today. Looks like the F250 will haul almost a full cord if you stack it in nice and tight. I can dig it! Somewhere between four and five cord stacked and ready to burn right now. About half what I burned last year.

Latest posts

Back