Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So guys I am switching too 40:1 since these old saws need it. No one sells containers with the 3.2 oz of oil for a 1 gallon mix well at least not that I can find. How are you guys that are running 40:1 measuring your oil?
I run 40:1 and it's easy for me because Canada is on the metric system. 125ml per 5l.

So guys I am switching too 40:1 since these old saws need it. No one sells containers with the 3.2 oz of oil for a 1 gallon mix well at least not that I can find. How are you guys that are running 40:1 measuring your oil?

Take a walk on the wild side! 4 oz to a gallon, makes 32:1, get your mix oil by the quart, easy to see and measure.

I am going to run 40:1 in my 044 saw. based on Stihl Low Ash oil. i'd rather change a spark plug, than a set of rings. and a higher octane. going to try non-ethanol upped to 40:1. besides, oil is lubricity, should help the P skirts dance better with the C's bore.... slide. rings work better, too. lower end bearings and crank good, but older mains, rod... a bit more lubricity can't hurt! ;) I have several measuring tools to measure parts of a fluid oz accurately.

Ratio Rite http://www.amazon.com/Ratio-Rite-Measuring-Cup-does-come/dp/B000I1YLGK

th

these are good, got one left over from running sprint go-kart days (daze)....

.8 gallons of gas to the regular small bottle of oil.

It's a bit inhospitable with -35 windchill today. We hooked up the new receptacles in the garage and I took the wheeler out of the truck and put the plow back on. That was enough for me. Hanging out until the playoff games start.

definitely sounds cold up there! WOW! brrr.... with those kind of temps do you have to have electric heaters for the engines of vehicles you drive?....

definitely sounds cold up there! WOW! brrr.... with those kind of temps do you have to have electric heaters for the engines of vehicles you drive?....
With true temp around zero it's not bad. If it's more than -15 true temp is when plugging things in become important.

With true temp around zero it's not bad. If it's more than -15 true temp is when plugging things in become important.

good to know! makes me appreciate it a bit more down here in growing zone 9a... after reading your post... I had to go and put on some sox on my feet... my toes started to get cold!! lol ;)

It's a bit inhospitable with -35 windchill today. We hooked up the new receptacles in the garage and I took the wheeler out of the truck and put the plow back on. That was enough for me. Hanging out until the playoff games start.

Uh Huh, and then you send that crappy weather down here, almost. It is supposed to be 6* here Sunday night. LOL

Yeah that's getting down there for your area!

Up to 34 here by next weekend.

Bone chillin 55 here today...I scrounged up two bundle bags of applewood cookin' smalls from trims I did with the new fiskars trim saw, then clipped the twigs with the fiskars hand snips, then "bucked to size" chunks for the bags from the one to four inch branchwood with the jawsaw.

Tell ya, this lumberdude biz is hard......

+1000 on the Ratio Rite!!!! I have been using one for a looooong time. I always mix 32:1 in 1.5 gallons. I feel the 1.5 gallons gives me the best balance between getting using to put in the wheeler when it's time for a new batch of fuel.

Yep. Block heaters. At work we have outlet posts on the perimeter of the parking so you can plug in. I'd say only 5% plug in. The only thing it does is ensure easier starting. There is no instant heat.

I was somewhere down south with one of my old trucks years ago and someone asked me if it was electric because of the cord end hanging out. lol

Latest posts

Back