Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't touched any "stuff" hard or soft for 15 years. Could use a belt now though. Lost my dad this morning. He was old and I was with him, nothing unsaid. Still hard though. If y'all still have yours, give him a hug. I'm looking forward to some chainsaw therapy when all this is over.
I'm sorry for your loss.

I haven't touched any "stuff" hard or soft for 15 years. Could use a belt now though. Lost my dad this morning. He was old and I was with him, nothing unsaid. Still hard though. If y'all still have yours, give him a hug. I'm looking forward to some chainsaw therapy when all this is over.
Sorry to here of your loss.
Prayers sent.
My father is still around and although the relationship is strained I still would need much time to grieve the loss.
Grieving is a process to which there are many stages and this is only one.
Take care to honor him in how you grieve and support others as they do the same.

I used to buy wood every year, when I heated by wood and worked full time. But, I bought logs, it was cheaper, and cut & split them myself (split by hand).

Mike, don't make it so easy on the Brit. LOL
Just kidding of course. I thoroughly enjoy his input and camaraderie.

Sorry to here of your loss.
Prayers sent.
My father is still around and although the relationship is strained I still would need much time to grieve the loss.
Grieving is a process to which there are many stages and this is only one.
Take care to honor him in how you grieve and support others as they do the same.

Good words chipper.

Picked this up yesterday to add to the wood scrounging arsenal. Haven't determined if it's worth it to make it completely roadworthy or just use as a woods trailer, but the price was right (free!) Appears that it even has LED taillights. The rest of it is a little long in the tooth though.
IMG_20160408_164800a.jpg

Picked this up yesterday to add to the wood scrounging arsenal. Haven't determined if it's worth it to make it completely roadworthy or just use as a woods trailer, but the price was right (free!) Appears that it even has LED taillights. The rest of it is a little long in the tooth though.
View attachment 497171
Nice. Plus if those are bias ply tires you can sell them to white spider!

Well , the wood shed is completely empty of the 2015/16 hardwood and I don't want to jump into my 2016/17 stash so off to the scrounging zone we went .
Had some black spruce pecker poles that we had cut up from a cull de sac that Jerry and I cleared last summer , the Zogger wood sized stuff was dry but 3" and up was too wet for my liking :(
So off to a stash pile we went but we never made it , we stopped before we got to the piles and scrounged a load of wood in an unlikely place , a swamp .
It was full of dead standing black spruce so Jerry went in with the saw to see if it was worth the effort .

IMG_20160409_155716.jpg

Yup , solid wood , no bark , silver/grey in colour :)
I ended up being the porter :(

IMG_20160409_155226.jpg

At least he cut me a trail to the truck ...
This was at the 1/4 way point in :(

IMG_20160409_160140.jpg

We got a couple of piles like this roadside .

IMG_20160409_170155.jpg

Managed to make for a couple of loads of stove ready firewood .

IMG_20160409_171813.jpg

IMG_20160409_173544.jpg

Scrounge on gentleman !

Well , the wood shed is completely empty of the 2015/16 hardwood and I don't want to jump into my 2016/17 stash so off to the scrounging zone we went .
Had some black spruce pecker poles that we had cut up from a cull de sac that Jerry and I cleared last summer , the Zogger wood sized stuff was dry but 3" and up was too wet for my liking :(
So off to a stash pile we went but we never made it , we stopped before we got to the piles and scrounged a load of wood in an unlikely place , a swamp .
It was full of dead standing black spruce so Jerry went in with the saw to see if it was worth the effort .

IMG_20160409_155716.jpg

Yup , solid wood , no bark , silver/grey in colour :)
I ended up being the porter :(

IMG_20160409_155226.jpg

At least he cut me a trail to the truck ...
This was at the 1/4 way point in :(

IMG_20160409_160140.jpg

We got a couple of piles like this roadside .

IMG_20160409_170155.jpg

Managed to make for a couple of loads of stove ready firewood .

IMG_20160409_171813.jpg

IMG_20160409_173544.jpg

Scrounge on gentleman !

Ooh you can just tell how dry that stuff is!

I can imagine when you were bucking it the whole log was vibrating and humming like a tuning fork.

Latest posts

Back