Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a good bar and chain for that big yellow beast!! thinking it's a 20"..... some of the power head and rear handle.
Well then, we shall do some bartering! It currently has a 24" and a chain that although very sharp (thanks Old Guy!) doesn't have much life left.

Well then, we shall do some bartering! It currently has a 24" and a chain that although very sharp (thanks Old Guy!) doesn't have much life left.
it's yours when ever I get time to head that way again...I have no use for it unless you want to trade your newest husky for it???? lol just kidding bud! you know I am just a smart ass!!!!! lol

I mowed yesterday. Today I went and cut up two dead pines entirely with a little Echo CS-271T except for the spars when they got over 9" diameter. Had to switch to the MS-261C-MQ for maybe a dozen cuts.
Little saw went through 4 tanks of gas/bar oil and only shut off during refills and a couple times when I stopped for a cup of coffee. I need refueling, too, you know.

View attachment 497573

This is a great little saw. Tomorrow, I'm giving the little Stihl MS-150TC a workout.
Ohhhh top handle echos..... I want a 355t just not bad enough to pay msrp. Handled some of the husky top handles I dont remember the model numbers one was an XP but alas they felt unbalanced compared to the 355t.

Well guys I got the part for my 365 today. Just need to put the saw back together. Also got the replacement ignition coil for the eager beaver.

I am still splitting the maple score as well as prepping for the grape trellis install this weekend.

I also need some Mustangmike luck. I can't seem to find any project saws locally. I really want to try to fix one of these buggers. May need to resort to finding one online.

I also need some Mustangmike luck. I can't seem to find any project saws locally. I really want to try to fix one of these buggers. May need to resort to finding one online.
Just buy one online and get it over with. Then you will find three locally within the next week.

Svk that's how it always goes. I need a project saw that is mostly intact since I need to see how it came apart so I can get it back together.

The 365 lives again. I need to test the intake doesn't leak tomorrow. I got the new part on and she fired up. Hopefully one saw down and one more to go.

Hey, I missed a lot of opportunities before these came along. It was just a lucky series of events. A new piston for this MS440 just shipped today, luckily the cylinder cleaned up well.

Will modify it just like the 044 and see how it runs. The 440 is a lot newer, and has compression relief!

Attachments

• MS440-4-12-16 001.jpg
    MS440-4-12-16 001.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 36
  • MS440-4-12-16 002.jpg
    MS440-4-12-16 002.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 38
  • MS440-4-12-16 003.jpg
    MS440-4-12-16 003.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 39
  • MS440-4-12-16 004.jpg
    MS440-4-12-16 004.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 36
  • MS440-4-12-16 005.jpg
    MS440-4-12-16 005.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 29
Yea, that piston is definitely toast, was just glad I could salvage the jug, and that I was able to ID the cause, and it was just an improperly adjusted carb.

The rest of the saw seems to be in VG condition, although very dirty. I'm exited about getting it, I like that it has compression relief, my 044s don't. Now if I can just get it to run like they do....

Hey, I missed a lot of opportunities before these came along. It was just a lucky series of events. A new piston for this MS440 just shipped today, luckily the cylinder cleaned up well.

Will modify it just like the 044 and see how it runs. The 440 is a lot newer, and has compression relief!

Yea, that piston is definitely toast, was just glad I could salvage the jug, and that I was able to ID the cause, and it was just an improperly adjusted carb.

The rest of the saw seems to be in VG condition, although very dirty. I'm exited about getting it, I like that it has compression relief, my 044s don't. Now if I can just get it to run like they do....

Unfortunately for me I have not had any opportunities to miss yet. As for the 440 how bad was the carb out of adjustment. It must have been way out on the lean side of things to fry the piston?

Latest posts

Back