Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So is this their newer design or do they have a different light weight/compact version that they ship versus sell in stores?

Also I see the shape of the table is now flat vs curved and they got rid of the measuring tape decal that comes off pretty quickly.
I'm not really sure, I just assumed that's the way they make the new ones, I haven't looked at the ones in lowes here but their on line pics looked similar.

Who hoo, sure love free heat. Another $550, this should last awhile though. Ordered the right bars this time and a super pac of chain.
View attachment 529462
Who and where is that Lazer stuff made? It has the same replaceable tip as the Oregon pro bars. What does the various types/size chain cost per driver? That bar "looks" nice enough.

So is this their newer design or do they have a different light weight/compact version that they ship versus sell in stores?

Also I see the shape of the table is now flat vs curved and they got rid of the measuring tape decal that comes off pretty quickly.
Ok I think I figured out the splitter difference, the splitter I ordered comes with the loncin engine and it comes with the short beam and flat log cradle. The other option they show comes with Koehler engine, full length beam and curved log cradle, both 22 ton.

Ok I think I figured out the splitter difference, the splitter I ordered comes with the loncin engine and it comes with the short beam and flat log cradle. The other option they show comes with Koehler engine, full length beam and curved log cradle, both 22 ton.
Is price different or how does one choose which model?

Is price different or how does one choose which model?
It was woodsplitter direct, yes the one with loncin engine was about $100 cheaper, they have pics and title says loncin engine for the cheaper one. When I ordered it I thought the engine was only differance.

Woodtick, Bars say China on them. I assume most of what they sell is Chinese. 10 pack of chisel was $170 before taxes and shipping, so $17 per loop for 20" on my 440. Laser is the same as Cutter's Choice is the States I think. Website looks the same anyway. I pay cost for my stuff, markup is whatever you can get from your local Dealer. I'm happy with everything I've bought there other than the cheaper line of bars I accidently ordered. My wife has a grass cutting business so we buy quite abit of stuff from them. Rebuild kits, pulleys, belts, spindles, tires, blades. This would be one of my cheaper orders. We buy mowers blades by the dozen usually.

I read somewhere that they changed the table design because the curved one allowed logs to roll or slide off onto the motor.

I know that happens to me if I'm not paying attention to where the far side split is going or if I let the split flop on the table.

I took the dog for a walk in the woods yesterday.

Holy Schmolee.....

In a 1/4 mile radius from the house I easily have a couple days of scrounging in the woods.

Trees/tree tops are down all over the trails with a couple big popples completely uprooted.

Primarily the easy stuff is Sugar Maple with one I think huge Elm. The reason why I say Elm is that the tree is snapped in half and the wood is real dark and there are Elm trees still in that little microcosm. Or it's red oak but I've never seen a red oak in these woods.

I have been going like a mad man in the wood pile and log yard since I am a little behind the ball this year due to other obligations.

And to top it off.....we have a new boiler coming. So the next few weeks are going to be crazy with getting the old stove and house out, enlarging the current concrete slab, and getting the new stove installed.

The new boiler is a gasification model so EVERYTHING is getting split right now. What I used to leave whole is now halved, what was halved is now quartered, etc.

I'm stoked about the new stove and hopefully this time next year we will be ahead on wood that we haven't used.

I'll get some pictures of the trails this afternoon when I walk the dog. There is a lot of wood.

ETA - I love how fast Red Maple dries out.

Latest posts

Back