Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nearing peak color here. It's been a long day so I'm turning in early. Plenty of work to do for the next two days.

View attachment 528958
View attachment 528957

Second picture is my yard. Sadly the red maple on the left is in decline but I'm going to let it stand till it's fully dead. The two big aspen on the right are nearly half dead and will probably come down next year.
Wow, very nice looking country, always wanted to see that area and further east this time of year, we are getting some nice colors here as wellimage.jpegScrouged up some more feed for the splitter todayimage.jpegjust the right height;)image.jpeg

Yup- fisticuffs best done in person, not on some internet thread. Ribbing is fine- just don't mention a wife.
i'd never bust a guy about his truck or mention his wife on the internet. i might mention something about his saw though.:laughing: looks like a darn good one there @PSUplowboy .:rock2:

i'd never bust a guy about his truck or mention his wife on the internet. i might mention something about his saw though.:laughing: looks like a darn good one there @PSUplowboy .:rock2:
Thanks man. I like the saw- when it's running. Wondering what part of pa you're near. I see that "top of the hill"- you near Mt Davis?

Attachments

• 2015-10-1008.37.33.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 16
ac9946141d1935cb4cbd1b1bdcba9a6c.jpg

Quick glimpse out the back window. Property is very overgrown and have been cutting back all around every chance I get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice splitter, Nate! Just picked up a DHT 22 as well. I usually fear technology, but my old bones said it was time.:D
Thanks! That's awesome, sure like mine, felt like I was giving in at first and that it would be slow but it's pretty fast.:) BTW nice looking saws, how do you like your 562?

Great saw! Sold my J-red 2171 'cause the 562 cuts just as nice in the same wood, and is a bit lighter. Spools up wicked too!
The little 026 needs no introduction, she's a classic!

Some more spruce scrounge from today...
How do you get that outta there Haywood? On you and your buddy's bike handle bars?

IMG_20161002_102024.jpg

Rain delay today , all day :(
Had to go cover up the tractors , I did scrounge a few pieces of Zoggerwood .

IMG_20161002_102132.jpg

They weren't very big but they were dry so it'll give me a couple of fires to take the dampness out of the house :)
I did cut a couple of other small trees before I called it quits , I hate loosing a scrounge day LOL

Forgot pictures of the wood but fired up the little saw and put up about a wheelbarrow load of small red maple. Also cut a bunch of crap half rotten balsam off my atv trail.
IMG_5540.JPG

At about 2:30 I called it a day and took the kids for a hike. My one walking trail has almost completely closed in so a half hour hike turned into a two hour slog but we made it in and out.

After cheeseburgers and steamed veggies I drank the last beer on site and am enjoying a fire with the kids.

Latest posts

Back