Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great picture! Little one is having fun and your vintage sled is in perfect shape!!

Argo, mfg's of 4x4, 6x6's, sell the same sled theory, just a hull of their bottoms, for a mint. I think you could make your own mold cast, pour your own resin and have two/three for what they want for the same principle. Not knocking the Argos though, pretty slick all-terrain/amphibious skid steer vehicles. Buddy of mine had one yrs ago... Would climb a tree if you could get a tire on it.

Argo, mfg's of 4x4, 6x6's, sell the same sled theory, just a hull of their bottoms, for a mint. I think you could make your own mold cast, pour your own resin and have two/three for what they want for the same principle. Not knocking the Argos though, pretty slick all-terrain/amphibious skid steer vehicles. Buddy of mine had one yrs ago... Would climb a tree if you could get a tire on it.
We had a 6 wheeled Argo. Sold it after my dad passed away as I preferred ATV's. But it had definite strong points.

We had a 6 wheeled Argo. Sold it after my dad passed away as I preferred ATV's. But it had definite strong points.

Cumbersome by their size no doubt, not as agile as a 4-wheeler. Used to love the ability to just cut across creeks, slow moving rivers that wouldn't drag ya down 100 yards or more to hit the other side...hell before you knew it, be on somebody else's huntin club, lol..

Hell if that was my wife I wouldn't be on AS. Its Alissa of Ax Women (professional timber sports team).

Argos's yeah kind seem neat and cool, till you have operated one. I have a 8x8 with tracks that collects a lot of bird dropping and dust. For everyday use it is not practical, and is limited in job/task specific use also. When they break through the ice, yes they do float, but that's about it.

You guys are giving this dude a work out.

e528360dd4490e59677e305c8b1c2d7b_zps6d6b972f.jpg

Let me guess....You are all here all week and try the veal, right?

As a youngster, I remember them cars. Compared to todays junk boxes they were beautiful to behold.
The Cord was a mustard yellow convert with wire wheels and chrome exhaust, I wanted one.
The Graham was a supercharged six and looked like the Cord, Black IIRC.
Now the Franklin was air cooled alum engine with louvers in the hood to regulate temps, it could have been an aircraft engine, a Lycoming, maybe.
There was a bunch, Willies Overland, REO, De Soto, Hudson, Packard, LaSalle, and more than I can remember.
My Grandfather's first car was a Willies Whippet,
He didn't know how to drive or have a licence, just save his pennies until he had the money, went down and bought it and drove it home.
My Dad had a Chev. Master Delux with the knee action front end that wudn't hold fluid, traded it for a Ford fastback with a V60 engine.
Speaking about wood, I have to dig out some Pine, my hardwood is about gone and a snow drift is covering the other wood. With more snow coming
tomarrow, it will hve to be Pine for now. Got to get scronging.

Anybody remember "Body by Fisher" ?

The the vehicle is probably a Dodge Aspen.

Philbert
LOL

There are 4 cars out there and all of them were left flipped over. Not sure if the original owner wanted to rob the running gear but totally ruined the cars by doing that.

There is a nice stand of young elm growing back there....

Nothing like a car with a big trunk . . . .

What kind of suspension: Leaf Springs?

My truck was kind of dirty - thought I'd Spruce up the cab a bit . . .

Automatic transmission, or 3-on-the-tree?

Wow! Talk about an Ash tray . . . !

Must be a sugar maple - runs better in the spring . . .

Philbert

Nothing like a car with a big trunk . . . .

What kind of suspension: Leaf Springs?

My truck was kind of dirty - thought I'd Spruce up the cab a bit . . .

Automatic transmission, or 3-on-the-tree?

Wow! Talk about an Ash tray . . . !

Must be a sugar maple - runs better in the spring . . .

Philbert
LMFAO

Back