Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
as for the poison ivy. i'm always on the lookout for "next" years trees. if i see one that i think i might want to get and it's covered in ivy i take the saw and cut all the vines going up the tree. it usually dies and when i cut the tree down the next year the vines are dead and come right off. i hate the stuff even though i don't get it. i even cut it on trees that i might not get to for a couple of years.

I don have time to wait for the ivy to dry. I would normally cut a foot out of the bottom of the vine ahead of time but this was spur of the moment. I will come back through and pull the vines off the tree and throw my gloves away. I will never cut it at each chunk. That's a sure way to get the sawdust all over ya and in your shirt etc... I've seen worse, have a mature cherry tree that is being choked by it on my property. I cut the ivy over a year ago to see I it will help it...

Hey, not for nothing, but IT IS SNOWING OUT THERE .... AGAIN!!!! And not just some flurries, everything is white already (except the paved roads). So several "snow patches" will be surviving till April! That has not happened for a long time around here!

Someone please call Al Gore and ask him how we can revive that Global Warming. I'll have to perpetually run my ported saws!!!

Hey, not for nothing, but IT IS SNOWING OUT THERE .... AGAIN!!!! And not just some flurries, everything is white already (except the paved roads). So several "snow patches" will be surviving till April! That has not happened for a long time around here!

Someone please call Al Gore and ask him how we can revive that Global Warming. I'll have to perpetually run my ported saws!!!
Just tell @zogger to stop doing the Heikki Lunta dance lol.

It's pretty clean and straight and no rust, that's for sure. I think it's from a 2wd as it is five lug, and my 4x4 is six. Have to scrounge a spare wheel and tire for it. Basically identical though to the bogger MkI. Most likely I'll put the topper on the truck and rino line or plastic bedliner the trailer. Or just get another topper for the truck.

Oh, the step bumper is real nice too, could do the "land train" deal with it, hahahahaha

Back