Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found this tree when I was hunting 4-5 years ago, it’s one of the biggest red fir I’ve seen dead or alive. My son likes cutting the big reds and hasn’t had the opportunity to cut one like this before so I told him when he moves back we will go cut it, yesterday was the day :) View attachment 833778Wish it was closer to the road but wouldn’t still be there if it wasView attachment 833779View attachment 833780View attachment 833782View attachment 833784
Cut and loaded about a 1/3 from the topView attachment 833785View attachment 833786Still working on a way to get the rest, if one of those rounds falls over from the base trying to roll it down the hill don’t think we can get it back up. Sure enjoy working with my son, was a great day!View attachment 833787
Who's the old guy with suspenders? :buttkick: :laugh: Great pics Nate!!

Hey am I in the right forum on the right site lol.
Maybe we need an excursion thread here :rock: .
I found Eric on the other forum, need a few more post before I can pm anyone there.

I asked him about his new truck yesterday and he told me he bought a new Chevy with a Duramax diesel...... I'm sure it's gorgeous.

Mine are way more . Replaced the front sprocket cost $ 300. But the bike was almost 3k . Carbon fiber frame and the rest aluminium View attachment 833833

My friend that I was helping to drop trees during the forest fire the other week has always been into biking competitively , both his kids got sponsored and were wining events so they got some real nice bikes to run with .
My friend called his insurance company to make sure the bikes were covered at home or on the car for theft or accidents .
They said sure , no problem .
When he told them the value of three bikes strapped on the bike carrier he said the agent got quiet for a minute , then told him there were forms going to be sent to him for documentation and the'd get back to him on the cost .

Looks fun for sure.
Someone I was talking to just the other day said they were heading to Holton lake, can't remember who though.
The rivers just started getting down where I can get to some of the spots I enjoy. The bummer is that it probably won't be a good idea to have bon fires near the one since they just finished rebuilding the covered bridge there that was burned down by someone :rare2:. The land owner nearest to it also put up a no trespassing sign so I'm not even sure we can fish there anymore. First things first It would probably be a good idea to get my license lol.
Whites Bridge? It was heartbreaking when it was torched :( Didn't know it had been rebuilt. That's awesome!

View attachment 833807

Filled the back of my Excursion with kindling yesterday. My neighbor is building a new house next town over and has the framing crew set all the cut-offs aside for me.
Nephew asked if I had any firewood he could have. He's a builder. Told him nup. He'll learn eventually...maybe.

I just got a 20 tsumura off ebay branded a laser for my 562xp. Think it was $68.00 shipped. Havent gotten to use it yet, but its sure lighter and nicer looking then the stock husqy bar.

Attachments

• 15914947030804976645837908135852.jpg
    15914947030804976645837908135852.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 13
  • 15914947253058808492396178648164.jpg
    15914947253058808492396178648164.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 13
  • 15914947442563884413822351753331.jpg
    15914947442563884413822351753331.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 12
My friend that I was helping to drop trees during the forest fire the other week has always been into biking competitively , both his kids got sponsored and were wining events so they got some real nice bikes to run with .
My friend called his insurance company to make sure the bikes were covered at home or on the car for theft or accidents .
They said sure , no problem .
When he told them the value of three bikes strapped on the bike carrier he said the agent got quiet for a minute , then told him there were forms going to be sent to him for documentation and the'd get back to him on the cost .
Called scheduled person property anything over 1000 needs to be itemized. My bike weighs 12 pounds . In lake George I was clocked at 58 mph in a 30 . But since I wasn't a motor vehicle I got a pass

Well not a scrounge but put a long running project to bed.

I bought this gently used mower last August and the starter gear literally went out two minutes after I got it home. The starter is fastened to the motor in an absolutely asinine manner so the easiest way to put the new gear on is to pull the flywheel. Of course when I put the flywheel back on the Gull darn key slipped out so my timing was way off. Remedied that and it runs and cuts awesome. My home yard takes about 2:15 to mow with a push mower so this is a much welcomed relief to that.
F7756F47-C11E-47E5-9DF2-F631D0F7702B.jpeg

Nice. I have a garand. Still looking for a 1911.

A WW2-era M1911A1 was on my gun bucket list. Have had several 1911s over the years. My first was a Springfield Loaded SS. Still have it. But, this Ithaca is my baby. Pretty cool story behind it too. One of these days I'll post the story, along with before and after pics. Normally you don't want to have these old postils refinished, but this is a "shooter", and I wanted to bring her back to life so I can shoot her for years to come.

I have owned most modern pistols (Glocks, Sigs, CZs, HKs, etc.); and none compare to the 1911. IMHO anyway.

My Trek Madone 7 frame was over 4 large when I got it, and my carbon wheels were almost 3. I have hit 59 MPH on a downhill. That is scary fast when you have 1" wide wheels with 120 PSI, no suspension, and two pieces of cork pinching a carbon fiber wheel for brakes!

A lot of lower cost quality stuff has come out since then. It is difficult for those who don't ride to understand how important quality equipment is when you are trying to be competitive. Especially for us bigger riders with larger bike frames, frame stiffness is critical to transform your pedal strokes into power when going uphill.

It can be exhilarating, and it keeps you alert! I did my first ride of this year on Thursday, it was the hottest day of the year (not counting today), so it took me about a good hour after the ride to recover!

Back