Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I forget if I posted these pics a week or so back, so here they are again. My neighbor is having 5 big clump Cherries taken down. The tree company sent a 3 man crew out for a couple hours one day. Their Dingo they use to load logs was broke down. They said I could have all the wood, I love Cherry, and they threw what they could lift over the fence. I put the forks on my loader and got 10 loads. My loader is rated at 900 pounds, and I had the rear tires coming off the ground. I figure those ten loads are at least 1 1/2 cord. If you look at the tree they topped out, it's the smallest one in the yard, and there is probably more wood left in the topped out one than what I took. The rest of the story, they are coming back Saturday to finish up, and the Dingo is fixed. They are loading up their dump truck and bringing it to me. Did I mention I love Cherry.
bApvHrc.jpg

JQ3YFdG.jpg
Same here. I can't get enough of it. I have one guy who would take every round I can get un-split.

Sounds like a great winter if you have an agreeable, attractive person of the opposite gender to share it with.
New care takers are from Tennessee, been married 25 years, used to 1” or less snow, said they are excited about the snow, hopefully they still are at 4’ lol.
Sounds like a good time to me but must not be for everyone, they usually have new care takers every winter, lol.

New care takers are from Tennessee, been married 25 years, used to 1” or less snow, said they are excited about the snow, hopefully they still are at 4’ lol.
Well that is certainly an ambitious undertaking...be interesting to see how long they last.
they usually have new care takers every winter, lol.
This doesn't surprise me.

I'm visualizing the snow machine from "the shining" going in to rescue them!

The mountain my cabin is on is basically closed when the snows come after hunting season, as it is not plowed or paved.

Of course, if the Bluestone guys or Timber guys want to use their own heavy equipment to go up there, they do. The timber guys often prefer when the ground is frozen.

I forget if I posted these pics a week or so back, so here they are again. My neighbor is having 5 big clump Cherries taken down. The tree company sent a 3 man crew out for a couple hours one day. Their Dingo they use to load logs was broke down. They said I could have all the wood, I love Cherry, and they threw what they could lift over the fence. I put the forks on my loader and got 10 loads. My loader is rated at 900 pounds, and I had the rear tires coming off the ground. I figure those ten loads are at least 1 1/2 cord. If you look at the tree they topped out, it's the smallest one in the yard, and there is probably more wood left in the topped out one than what I took. The rest of the story, they are coming back Saturday to finish up, and the Dingo is fixed. They are loading up their dump truck and bringing it to me. Did I mention I love Cherry.
bApvHrc.jpg

JQ3YFdG.jpg
Them pics will put a smile on @LondonNeil 's face Joe. :rock2:

bApvHrc.jpg

JQ3YFdG.jpg

Them pics will put a smile on @LondonNeil 's face Joe. :rock2:

Who needs cherry when you got fir/spruce! 😁
View attachment 939200View attachment 939201
Who needs to go up a mountain for fir if you've a neighbour dropping cherry over the fence. That is where it's at! Right there!

This bench will go up to the cabin, near our outdoor fire place. We will sit on it in both directions.

It is Red Oak, 3" thick, 7.5' long, finished with Teak Oil.

Attachments

• IMG_20211104_150302769_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20211104_150302769_HDR.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20211104_150319602_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20211104_150319602_HDR.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20211104_150340136_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20211104_150340136_HDR.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20211104_150349611_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20211104_150349611_HDR.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20211104_150402097_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20211104_150402097_HDR.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 11
I've had no problems with my Stihl HT 131. It has the 4-mix engine. I prefer Husqvarna saws, but zee Germans did alright with this one.
I've been using a km110 at the golfcourse with the polesaw attachment and have been using up to 2 extension and was happy .
Just got a km131 , it works better :)

Latest posts

Back