Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve been scrolling gunbroker as I sit out here. Prices on guns sure have gone nuts. Although that means mine have all gone up too.
Do you guys do any grunting for bucks up that way Steve? I'm sure your post rut up there but it never hurts to see if they will come in. Good luck and congrats on the spike.

Do you guys do any grunting for bucks up that way Steve? I'm sure your post rut up there but it never hurts to see if they will come in. Good luck and congrats on the spike.
Thank you!

Not really. From what I know, grunting and or rattling doesn’t work in areas with very sparse deer populations. I do carry the grunt call with me as it can be used to stop a trotting deer.

Nice work! It's all fun and games till it's time to pick up the sticks. Those dead ash branches just shatter when they hit the ground. Most of the ash in michigan is gone now but I am seeing some regrowth coming back. Hope the emerald ash borer doesn't take them as well. Sad to see trees disappear from invasive species. Ash was the one tree that didn't need much time to season to burn.
I don’t pick up the sticks . I do the heavy cutting and splitting wife takes care of the sticks :lol:03934F16-0133-4DFB-90E2-A732D219C675.jpeg5F61CD7D-487A-4572-A838-86A044F100DD.jpeg

A strange benefit of the defoliation caused by the gypsy moth this year. 21" laptop as reference. Normally all pur leaves are on the ground by now, some of the forest are as green as can be with Zogger trees with leaves as big as your head.

Attachments

• E0F20181-BAEA-4E9A-A3B8-99FA7B5A9638.jpeg
    E0F20181-BAEA-4E9A-A3B8-99FA7B5A9638.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 5
A strange benefit of the defoliation caused by the gypsy moth this year. 21" laptop as reference. Normally all pur leaves are on the ground by now, some of the forest are as green as can be with Zogger trees with leaves as big as your head.
It's still pretty green here in the thumb area in michigan. Upnorth at my cottage the moths defoilaged alotnof trees by July. Oaks and popples were stripped bare. Probly the worst i seen in 35 years. Even my house and shed and outbuildings were full of them. At night it sounded like rain from all the poop dropping

That's the wife. My apologies I thought that might of been your kid, I guess I should of looked harder. I didn't zoom in. Congrats on having an amazing partner in life that enjoys the same things you do👍 looks like a hell of a worker.
Yup she works hard around here
Every ONCE in a GREAT while the wife will throw a few chips with the cs-400. It's the only saw I got she can start.
I bought her one last Christmas 07E2ECDF-A4F5-4EB1-9A0F-77262C78CC7C.jpeg2D988C19-BA11-42BE-8B0E-12CD3640A3BF.jpeg

Were leaving for Tulsa tomorrow so I had a lot to do. The time change helped. I was at my friends house at 8:30 to mow his 7 acre field. Battery on his 60" Z-Turn was dead. Took about an hour to get it running. Field was way taller than i expected, took about 4 hours to mow. Got home about 1:30 and jumped into the Cherry pile. Finished about 6:15. All done, court clean, all the saw dust blown/swept up. Couple mongo chunks I didn't feel like messing with. If the tree guys finish the job while we are out in Tulsa, I'll only have two days to clean up that pile before I take off to WV for deer season.
LntMcUe.jpg

Back