Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The saw cut a lot better, but it's still not where it should be. Cut a few rounds of Ash first and then went after some 22" dia. RO. Cut pretty good in the big stuff. Only a slight curve to the right. More noticeable when noodling. Made a decent load out of 4 rounds of RO and Ash.
View attachment 1049463
Check your bar to see if the tracks are even.
Ditto on that! Have got several cutting right again after a couple minutes with a good file!
I had it happen to me several times last Summer when my oil hole in the bar got semi plugged up. It wore the bar down on the outboard side

I do a lot of bore cutting, so off they come. Also when sharpening they should always be below the rakers as you said, and even the anti-vibe humps get in the way of filing the rakers, how much more the actual safety humps. Regardless, I don't run the one with safety humps, but the ones with the smaller anti-vibe humps are no problem and to not typically slow boring.

Look at how much extra filing was involved just for the anti-vibe humps :rare2:, while they don't slow the cut(for average cutting), it's more time per cut when you have to mess with this crap.
Look at the one by my thumb, that's a lot of extra filing.
View attachment 1049613
I grind them off with my belt grinder. Just fold the chain and rip it off.

I do a lot of bore cutting, so off they come. Also when sharpening they should always be below the rakers as you said, and even the anti-vibe humps get in the way of filing the rakers, how much more the actual safety humps. Regardless, I don't run the one with safety humps, but the ones with the smaller anti-vibe humps are no problem and to not typically slow boring.

Look at how much extra filing was involved just for the anti-vibe humps :rare2:, while they don't slow the cut(for average cutting), it's more time per cut when you have to mess with this crap.
Look at the one by my thumb, that's a lot of extra filing.
View attachment 1049613
I think one of the chains that I had posted a couple months back that I thought was a version of safety chain you told me was in fact vibration reducing. I as well bored with it and had good results.

I'm not quite sure I understand what you're saying. "4 sides"? "< >" weld a 6" long plate onto the side frame? You got to forgive me. I'm a little dense.
Basically, yes but not a rectangle. the Shape of the plate should be a Kind of elongated diamond. < >
and yes, both sides, top and bottom

Basically, yes but not a rectangle. the Shape of the plate should be a Kind of elongated diamond. < >
and yes, both sides, top and bottom
You mean tapered like a wedge? Drive a wedged shape plate between the old and new cross member and weld.

I know the guy that did this truck he restores them shows em and then sells them I believe he sold it 4 years ago for around 40k . He’s doing another that’s going to be even nicer . The selling price was 140k so with the premium over 150k
Maybe should be in the WTF thread
https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0123-545510/1972-chevrolet-c10-pickup/

New Holland is built by Ford right! I hear they're good machine's! 👍

Any of you guys familiar with Massy Ferguson tractors? Are they any good? How about the Alis Chalmers? 50/50 or 60/40?
I have a Massy 135 built in 67, I think it's 42 HP. I lkie it.

I grind them off with my belt grinder. Just fold the chain and rip it off.

You mean tapered like a wedge? Drive a wedged shape plate between the old and new cross member and weld.
No, flat plates.
I'll try to find some old picks of plated truck frames...

I’ve been looking for the right deal on a skidsteer for about 2 years. I’m probably just gonna go buy a brand new Kubota 75 series with tracks
Whats the price on that Kubota? I almost bought this CAT already seet up for the woods. OEM accessory brush guards, and log grapple 2200hrs $48K 00G0G_1MzWockgOcxz_0CI0hq_1200x900_01.jpg00g0g_hVIQsa9afNaz_0hq0CI_1200x900_01.jpgI balked on it and it sold two days later. Man I was bummed I didn't make a decision on it sooner!

I’ve been looking for the right deal on a skidsteer for about 2 years. I’m probably just gonna go buy a brand new Kubota 75 series with tracks

My buddy made quick work of a steep, loose hillside with his Bobcat with tracks.

80-tank_up_the_hill_3_13_2021_44dba633a675379ca5f9ebc16da02a4f4ced4dce.jpg

Whats the price on that Kubota? I almost bought this CAT already seet up for the woods. OEM accessory brush guards, and log grapple 2200hrs $48K View attachment 1049696View attachment 1049697I balked on it and it sold two days later. Man I was bummed I didn't make a decision on it sooner!
Rule of thumb is the undercarriage will need rebuilt on a skiddy at 3000 hours. I probably wouldn’t buy a used one with over 1000-1200 hours.

My father in law bought one in the states once. Low hours x pics from the dealer looked really nice. Got it up here and the bastards and repainted it right over the mud and rust and the hour meter hasn’t moved in the 10 years he has had it. Pretty much had to rebuild the whole thing since then. It breaks every time you start it.

My buddy made quick work of a steep, loose hillside with his Bobcat with tracks.

80-tank_up_the_hill_3_13_2021_44dba633a675379ca5f9ebc16da02a4f4ced4dce.jpg
I’ve run both tracked and wheeled a lot and tracks are better 95% if the time. One nice thing about wheeled ones is they don’t freeze up if left outside after plowing snow

I’ve run both tracked and wheeled a lot and tracks are better 95% if the time. One nice thing about wheeled ones is they don’t freeze up if left outside after plowing snow
How do you feel about the track over wheels attachment?

Latest posts

Back