Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last time I had to pull a motor was on my old Toyota rockcrawler...IIRC, I used the tractor, but it was a real PITA. Engine hoist couldn't even get the motor close to clearing the core support. That truck started out as an IFS truck, straight axled it with wagoneer springs in the front and chevies in the back, probably 8-10" of suspension lift.

My k20 is going to be a hassle too if I ever decide to swap motors, not the stock ride height anymore lol.
Actually it’s easier to remove the front clip if you need to get the motor out . It’s easier on any vehicle that the radiator support can be removed 20200722_162009.jpg20200528_134646.jpg

Last time I had to pull a motor was on my old Toyota rockcrawler...IIRC, I used the tractor, but it was a real PITA. Engine hoist couldn't even get the motor close to clearing the core support. That truck started out as an IFS truck, straight axled it with wagoneer springs in the front and chevies in the back, probably 8-10" of suspension lift.

My k20 is going to be a hassle too if I ever decide to swap motors, not the stock ride height anymore lol.
Gonna need a skid with tracks for that :lol:

Well, I see I missed 28 pages in the last five days. If anything monumental happened please let me know otherwise I’m not going to read them.

Hope all is well with you guys. I’m just on my way home from a Lions Club conference. I really didn’t want to go because I’ve been so busy lately, but I’m glad that I did. They really do amazing things both locally and around the world.

I have a little work to do this afternoon and then head home and maybe take my son out for dinner as I owe him birthday dinner.

I always wondered if it was a bit of a downhill slope with the camera tilted to make it look flat.
4x4 in 4low with the trans in low gear with most likely a 4:11 front and rear gear ratio maybe 4:56 . It was moving at its max speed engine was probably red lining or exceeding it . They didn’t show it overheating after a few minutes :laugh:

Well, I see I missed 28 pages in the last five days. If anything monumental happened please let me know otherwise I’m not going to read them.

Hope all is well with you guys. I’m just on my way home from a Lions Club conference. I really didn’t want to go because I’ve been so busy lately, but I’m glad that I did. They really do amazing things both locally and around the world.

I have a little work to do this afternoon and then head home and maybe take my son out for dinner as I owe him birthday dinner.
News is Kodiak Kid ordered a skid steer; being shipped from Pennsylvania.

Wait, they're scrounging wood with lions?(maybe lion from the picture below) You may need to read a few of those post to understand mine lol.
Well it is a steer?
Screen Shot 2023-01-22 at 2.34.49 PM.png

News is Kodiak Kid ordered a skid steer; being shipped from Pennsylvania.
I thought he was getting a mammoth, I'm so confused :dizzy:.

I'm sure you've seen this Mark. But since it is wood related .:innocent:

This commercial is fishy... I don't think I saw a single level road in the Rockies or Cascades when I rode my bicycle from CO to WA... Though the 108 miles from Lolo Pass, ID to Kamiah, ID seemed pretty flat, it in fact dropped about 4,140 feet in elevation. When was the last time you had a 100+ mile down hill ride on a bicycle? :)

P.S. That stretch runs through Lowell, ID... I remember it well as in a moment of inattention I drifted over the fog line and crashed in the rip rap... tore up my left knee and cracked some ribs. Being miles from no where I cleaned up my knee and put New Skin on the worst areas and Neosporin on the rest. Kept riding... Found advice on Web MD or some other similar site that suggested laying on the broken ribs while sleeping so they didn't move. That allowed me to sleep... my son can attest to how badly I hurt in the mornings!

LoloPassKamiahID.gif

@svk when u find out all u missed u will be sorry u didn't catch up. @chipper1 KK cancelled the elephant order after the killer elephant posting. It's been a wild ride on here lately.
I didn't know if I should ride my tractor or go buy a skid steer. I woke up this morning from a dream where my tracks came off. :cry:

Back